Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #41
clifdene
Registered

Cliff. Many thanks.
Sorry for being dense but I do not have = or : showing in the registry and I am confused as to which digits to change. When I right click on the registry entry a new line for New Value appears. What do I enter here?
clifdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #42
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

CD,

once you get there you should be able to left click once on "backgroundbottomcolor" to select it, then right click choose modify. Change only the last numbers in the sequence as those represent the hex value for the colors.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #43
clifdene
Registered

Many thanks Jav. It is very easy when you know how. Now I have to lighten the colour to match Cliff's colour. Mine is much darker.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #44
cjmaddy
Registered

The = and the : are in the BackgroundColor.reg script!... ie, - "BackgroundTopColor"=dword:ff000040 ... (That is the way it's written in a script)
OR..... In the registry entry just change the Hexadecimal Value data. - ie, Right click on BackgroundTopColor then click Modify and change the Value data to the Hexadecimal number of the colour you want, (not forgetting the ff).

Do NOT enter a new line! .... You should right click on the name BackgroundTopColor.

It's much easier to use the script........... That's why I wrote it!!! ...
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #45
clifdene
Registered

Thanks again Cliff. I used ff000040 which was too black. Changed it to ff000080 which you mentioned in an earlier post. Looks very good.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #46
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I agree. I prefer more of the "darker royal blue" look than I do the "lighter black blue" look as well.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #47
cjmaddy
Registered

Once you've got the colour you like, because any use of F1 to F4 will immediately revert back to the default colours, it's useful to have a simple script that will return you to your chosen background colour, at the click of a mouse!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #48
clifdene
Registered

Cliff. My reason for looking to alter the registry direct was because I did not know how to use your script. When I ran it it brought up CCleaner so I then tried WordPad. As it would be useful please tell me how I should have used it.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #49
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Normally you double-click on a REG file and the Windows Registry Editor (RegEdit) comes up and asks if you want to patch the changes in the file into your Registry. The fact that CCleaner came up means it's intercepting any Registry files.

You could right-click and tell it to Open With... RegEdit, or you could first open RegEdit and then open this file.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #50
cjmaddy
Registered

clifdene......... What Morgan just said!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #51
clifdene
Registered

Many thanks. CCleaner seems to be capturing the file even if trying to open it in RegEdit. I will follow it up.

EDIT. thanks Cliff.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #52
Dale
Banned

Well, that's a simple addition.

Now:

Originally posted by flip:

... a quick and easy method of selecting your own music.

Flip/Keith  
Flip, what would be your idea of a "quick and easy method" that would be easier than what's currently included?
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #53
Jack Gilvey
Registered

How 'bout spawning coral? Just one night a year.
Jack Gilvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #54
jleslie
Engineer

Now that would be an "Easter Egg" :-)
I wouldn't get your hopes up tho...
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #55
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

Originally posted by jleslie:
I wouldn't get your hopes up tho...  
'Specially if the female coral has a headache.
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #56
henemly
asdf

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
it's useful to have a simple script that will return you to your chosen background colour, at the click of a mouse!  
I got a small app that compiles .reg files to exe and that works well for instant changes with premade themes.

Another vote for etched (white?) calendar/clock colors (like v2 has). Font change would be great but know that ain't gonna happen.
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #57
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'll consider some enhancements to the clock/logo system.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:37 AM   #58
cjmaddy
Registered

I've made another very small .reg file that fixes the stationary Scroll Position to where I want it!. - I use two 5x4 monitors. (I don't use auto-scroll). And after some trial and error, I got near to the right spot that didn't split too many corals across the two screens. I then placed the Hex Value in.... ScrollPosition.reg ... and did some more fine adjustment with the Hex Value, until I got just the position I ideally wanted.
For anyone that's interested, in common with BackgroundColor.reg, just open the .reg files in Notepad, and change the eight digits after the colon, to whatever colour or position is right for you.

Edit:- Scroll Position, dividing line.......
(If you have any eye for composition, I think choosing that particular change-over point makes a very big difference. - It almost makes up for not having a bezel gap adjustment! )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MA3bgScrollPos.jpg (519.5 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by cjmaddy; 03-08-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #59
Dale
Banned

I'm not sure if the #1 posting has been updated recently.

Also, in the category of "simple fixes", should be sorting out the required-drivers-for-sound issue in https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...?t=5145&page=8

Perhaps Prolific could enhance the installer to check for the presence of whatever is required, and warn the user (or provide a link to the corrective drivers, etc.).
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #60
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'm still hopeful that users will figure out which drivers are required and post the info here. As more people get W7, the likelyhood of someone stumbling on the solution increases. Personally, I'm not eager to spend any of my remaining minutes of existance chasing down something so nebulous.

What I AM working on is a user interface for the background colors. My plan is to have a set of 6-or-so color combinations (top and bottom colors) available. The user can set one or more of them to be active, choose the colors, and set the duration for each combo. At the moment, I'm struggling with how to change the color of a static control to show the current setting that the user has chosen.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows