Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #81
philosopher
Registered

ScreenSaver Locking

Jim,

I don't know if this would be easy or not... I think it might be though. And please don't think this request is necessary by any means. I really want to see those new fish!

But someday, if you have time would it be very difficult to add a "Disable Windowed Mode" checkbox to the program settings and if checked not allow the switch between full screensaver and windowed mode via the "F" key?

If you were to add that then the workaround for locking a vista machine via .bat file would work with your screensaver too.

Again, this is definitely NOT important but would be a really "nice to have" for all the Vista (soon to be Windows 7) users out there.
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #82
sca
Registered

Originally posted by philosopher:
Jim,

I don't know if this would be easy or not... I think it might be though. And please don't think this request is necessary by any means. I really want to see those new fish!

But someday, if you have time would it be very difficult to add a "Disable Windowed Mode" checkbox to the program settings and if checked not allow the switch between full screensaver and windowed mode via the "F" key?

If you were to add that then the workaround for locking a vista machine via .bat file would work with your screensaver too.

Again, this is definitely NOT important but would be a really "nice to have" for all the Vista (soon to be Windows 7) users out there.  

Hi,

There is an option in the program to start in Windowed, or not - just changed to not-windowed, but it still does not starts as a "screen-saver" triggering the option in the Screensaver settings panel to prompt for the password at the end...when you click on the tray icon it seems to just run the scr file outside of the screensaver panel....it would have to be built into the program...

I guess that goes back to my original question about whether someone knows a good screensaver control program that is a tray icon that interacts with the windows screensaver control....I have one that is really good - but does not seem to work well with either Vista, or Vista x64....not sure which- the program was really written for several windows renditions prior - in 2001.

Was a nice tray based screensaver interface to turn off, turn-on, turn-off for 5,15,30,60,120 minutes, launch now, select which screensaver, etc.

Maybe someone wants to take a look and see if they can write an updated one.....http://www.stardustsoftware.com/down...ls/sscontrol2/

I've contacted them before and they seem to have no interest/intent to update this....
sca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:50 AM   #83
philosopher
Registered

RE: Screensaver Mode

If the screensaver is started in "full screen" non-windowed mode then you can't get to the start bar. The only way to do so (as far as I know) is to press the "F" key and change the screensaver to windowed mode.

If the screensaver were to start in non-windowed mode immediately then the .bat file I posted about earlier kicks in a lock of the desktop the moment the screensaver stops running. It is then essentially the same thing as having locked the desktop at the start. If you try the technique with any other screensaver you'll see that you can't get to the destop again without entering your password.

I think the only reason it doesn't work with the Marine Aquarium screensaver is because it's possible to switch to windowed mode.

Have you attempted getting to your start bar when the screensaver is set to non-windowed mode? You shouldn't be able to...
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
Nietzsche
Old 06-24-2009, 06:43 AM   #84
philosopher
Registered

Start ScreenSaver when Windows is Locked

SCA,

It took me a while but I think I've got a good solution for this. I have created a small .exe file that does what we want. However it doesn't start the screen saver immediately. It starts it one minute after windows is locked. This turned out to be a restraint within Windows Vista that I haven't figured out a way around. But if, when locking windows, having the screen saver start within one minute works for you then here's a link to the program (freeware) and a short how-to:

http://www.aboutfortunate.com/Techno....aspx?entid=20

If anyone wants to use this and has any trouble feel free to email me via the email address on my site or post here in the forum.

Jim, please disregard my previous request for a change to the way the screen saver operates since I have my own solution to the "problem" now. Thanks!
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
Nietzsche
Old 06-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #85
sca
Registered

SCA,

It took me a while but I think I've got a good solution for this. I have created a small .exe file that does what we want. However it doesn't start the screen saver immediately. It starts it one minute after windows is locked. This turned out to be a restraint within Windows Vista that I haven't figured out a way around. But if, when locking windows, having the screen saver start within one minute works for you then here's a link to the program (freeware) and a short how-to:

If anyone wants to use this and has any trouble feel free to email me via the email address on my site or post here in the forum.

Jim, please disregard my previous request for a change to the way the screen saver operates since I have my own solution to the "problem" now. Thanks!  
Hi Philosopher,

Thanks so much - would you have any thoughts or solutions for my original post? https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...?t=4924&page=3 Vista x64 APP Crash Accessing the Settings Panel
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #86
philosopher
Registered

RE: Original Post

SCA,

Sorry, no I don't have any ideas (at least not now). I'll ponder it a bit. But I'm not too hopeful that I'll think of anything.

Please let me know if the little application I wrote works for you. I've been using it successfully for a few days now in order to test it. I hope it works as well for you.

Regards,

Justin
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
Nietzsche
Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #87
sca
Registered

SCA,

Hi,

Finally got back around to this and the link must have expired - doesn't currently work...
Old 07-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #88
philosopher
Registered

RE: Link Doesn't Work

SCA,

Hmmm, everything is up and running just fine. The link here in the forum should popup in a new window and bring up the article I wrote on how to use the
Screensaver Utility program (make sure your popup blocker allows the window to open).

Then there is a link in the how-to to download the utility inside of a .zip folder (again make sure your popup blocker allows the window to open).

It's my website that the article and download are on and there is no expiration date for either...
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
Nietzsche
Old 07-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #89
rick10687
Registered

3.0 Great Program! Please consider keeping the moving starfish and 2.6 variable lite

Jim, Outstanding program! My family hopes you will continue the option of allowing the star fish to crawl up the glass aquarium.

I believe I read that you plan to allow for the variable lighting option that you permitted in 2.6.
Thanks for all your hard work!
rick
rick10687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #90
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, both are planned.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows