Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #81
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

One (hopefully) easy way to make the tank more customisable would be to make the featherduster optional. In reality it's not much of a feature, but it would still allow the users just a little extra perceived control over the tank, neh?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #82
pogona
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Yes, that would be nice.  
that is a yes, or a, maybe later?(creature packs).
pogona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #83
pogona
Registered

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
One (hopefully) easy way to make the tank more customisable would be to make the featherduster optional. In reality it's not much of a feature, but it would still allow the users just a little extra perceived control over the tank, neh?  
this will be able with the creature packs no?
pogona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #84
Overlord
Registered

I think Jim is going to be very busy for a while with the electric eel that has his name flashing across the body!
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #85
Wizwad
Only me...

I agree with Overlord!!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #86
FrankGuy
Registered

The shark feeding with all that blood and fish debris in the water is bound to take a while as well.
FrankGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #87
Jim Sachs
Developer

TT- I had always planned on having a Feather Duster in that location, so it was never going to be an option. The idea is to have something moving in the background no matter where the camera is positioned. Additional tubeworm species might be an option.

FrankGuy - I think you may have SereneScreen confused with ViolentBloodyDeathScreen
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #88
Mikey242
Registered

TT- I had always planned on having a Feather Duster in that location, so it was never going to be an option. The idea is to have something moving in the background no matter where the camera is positioned. Additional tubeworm species might be an option.

FrankGuy - I think you may have SereneScreen confused with ViolentBloodyDeathScreen  
Haha, I love that screensaver..
Mikey242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #89
Marian Nichols
~Author~

For real! It would not be Serene Screen with blood and guts. :shiver:
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #90
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

Hey Jim,

Everything is looking great so far . I have one suggestion that would be amazing. In the cave, I always feel it is missing something and then at The Rusty Pelican restaurant they had a saltwater tank very similar to your new MA3 screensaver with a cave as well. inside the cave popped out an Eal to my surprise.. I know that the cave in yours is small and has a back to it that is fully visible. However if you re-design it in such a way where an Eal head could pop out every now and then or simply be on screen at all times would be amazing. I love the featherduster as well.. Very nice work Jim.
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail"-W2
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #91
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Actually, thats exactly what the cave is for.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #92
Jim Sachs
Developer

An eel has always been planned. The cave is actually open-ended at the back on the right side, so anything living in there can get completely out of sight if it wants. When I have created several different cave-dwelling critters, the user will be able to choose which of them will be used.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #93
Marian Nichols
~Author~

I thought you had said as much in an earlier post. Michaels Morey eel would just be perfect. Every time I would see it, I would think of Michael.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #94
henemly
asdf

It'd be nice fast forward 4 or 6 years from now without waiting
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #95
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

An eel has always been planned. The cave is actually open-ended at the back on the right side, so anything living in there can get completely out of sight if it wants. When I have created several different cave-dwelling critters, the user will be able to choose which of them will be used.  
I'm glad to hear it will one day happen. I haven't been on this forum as regularly as in the past so I have a lot of catching up to do. The tank looks great so far and I love all the work you are putting into it. That little cave has a lot of possibilities that can go into it. The anemone all the way to the right also has a lot of possibilities. That would be nice to have a clownfish interact with it and so forth as I have a feeling that has been planned as well. I look forward to all the updates as your work of art keeps on marveling upon every update.
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail"-W2
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #96
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The anemone on the right is one frame out of a high definition video that Jim shot at an aquarium shop. Getting a long, high definition video into the Aquarium without it becoming a 50MB download may be slightly less complicated than building the pyramids.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #97
cjmaddy
Registered

Oh come now, - building the pyramids must have been a piece of cake by comparison.

..... And they did it quicker too! ................. Thinks.... I'd better run for cover now!...
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #98
Jim Sachs
Developer

Anybody can stack up a bunch of blocks, but the Egyptians were terrible at 3D apps. Probably because perspective drawing had not been invented yet.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #99
Wizwad
Only me...

Originally posted by henemly:
It'd be nice fast forward 4 or 6 years from now without waiting  
From my brain to yours, Henemly! I was thinking exactly that a few days ago!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #100
FrankGuy
Registered

While we wait expectantly for the next incarnation of Jim's video art to evolve, here are presentations that may interest both the vicarious the and real fish nerds in the forum:
http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_pyl...ight_zone.html
http://www.ted.com/talks/david_gallo...nishments.html
FrankGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows