Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #21
sccannon
Registered

40 Highscores

Hi Jim,
No problems on Windows Vista Business SP1. Install ran perfectly.Thanks for all of your hard work!!
sccannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #22
clifdene
Registered

No problems at all.
clifdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #23
jahmekyat
Registered

Works on Vista Home 32 Bit

Removed older versions and installed with no issues. Looking forward to the final release date! Thanks for all of your work guys!

T Bryan
jahmekyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #24
jdtoomb
Registered

All good here.
-----------------
XP SP3
GeForce2 MX/MX 400 64mb
jdtoomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #25
engelens
Registered

Installed like a charm on my XP machine. I now have two Marineaquarium screensavers in my screensaver list though...
engelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #26
MadBob
Guitar Man

This screen shot shows all selected fish but look at the numbers they dont add up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fisshhheesss.jpg (263.2 KB, 55 views)
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #27
Cobra
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Cobra - try right-clicking the icon and choosing "Install". This step seems to be necessary in Vista 64.  
Thanks Jim. I just wanted to be sure this is not some kind of vista specific bug in the installer.

By the way... I have been reading the beta forum almost every day since the public beta and tried most of the versions. So far i encountered no other problems on my three pc's (vista x64, xp x64 and xp) including a short multimonitor test on my vista x64 machine.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #28
troyb
Registered

I just downloaded the installer and it seems to be working fine this is a amd athlon xp radeon 9600 windows xp home
troyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #29
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

I tried this at work.... they have a nothing but company SS policy.. BUT the SS installed just fine but would only run from the desktop icon. as it should under these circumstances

But.. the uninstall process left the folder and files in \\username\appdata (or something like that... where ever the files are supposed to go) And... there was no alt logo in that folder...

as a side note.. something I did not know...the spelling checker on which I rely is not part of IE.. and evidently I must download an add in... or so I was told when clicking on the "abc" icon in the top part of this box..
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #30
JamesGreystone
Registered

Smile

Installs fine and runs with TESTFISH okay. XP Pro sp3 and Gigabyte Radeon graphics card
JamesGreystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #31
troyb
Registered

I just went back to check and see if it came up as a screensaver and it did but I did not have to type in testfish as I did when I ran it from the desk top icon is this the way it should do
edit
I see you have to do testfish when ever you won't to do anything with the settings is this the way it should be

Last edited by troyb; 01-27-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #32
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

As a screensaver, it will not ask for the Testfish. This is so you can use it as a screensaver still.

It will ask for Testfish when you try to make changes to the settings.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #33
jimkraz
Registered

No problems here with installer on PackardBell rig using Vista 32bit on a Nvidia GeForce 7050 graphics card, showing ok in screensaver list, great stuff, were nearly there. Jim
Something Fishy Going On
jimkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #34
Jim Sachs
Developer

MadBob - You probably used the unregistered version to load a fishlist which was created by a registered version. I put in a kludge to allow this so it shouldn't crash, but as you point out, sometimes the numbers won't add up. If you exit and restart the program, it should have saved the fishlist with legal numbers for the unregistered version.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #35
troyb
Registered

in that case edgar it is running perfect
Old 01-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #36
cohiba420
Registered

looks good with me! (XP pro SP 3 on windows mobile chip)
cohiba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #37
Rob62
Registered

3 Highscores

Installed fine on my XP Pro & XP Home systems. Music and Desktop Icon placed correctly.

As far as "getting picky". During the installation, regarding the suggestion pertaining to having the latest DirectX (in this case 9.0c or greater) installed, the link below that statement brings one to a Microsoft home page that requires navigation to the DirectX page from there. Why not send folks directly to: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/B...n&categoryid=2 ?

Thru all the Beta tests to date, minus the first few that I did not try the feature, the F1 - F4 buttons would lighten &/or darken the top and bottom. This new version, installed from the installer - the buttons do nothing.

As in MA2.6, I would like to be able to control the "light rays" that shine on the corals, crystal and fish, as the rays have a tendency to "kinda blur" things with the screen movement that pressing "P" stops. When the movement is stilled by pressing "P", the slight Blurriness stops. This is most noticeable on the crystal. The "Automatic Lights" feature, in MA2.6, would be nice to have here - and being allowed to turn the lights all the way on or off would be nice also.

Okay, please do not get mad at me here - I know that the starfish moves, because if I press "W" and enter the Wireframe Mode, I can see it BARELY move. I know that "real" starfish don't exactly cruise around like a Hummingbird - but a lot more movement would be welcomed as well as, once again, allowing (or not) on glass.

While, naturally, most credit goes to you Jim, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have contributed so much to this fantastic program that will bring peace, serenity and joy to so many.
~ God Bless All ~
Rob
Rob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #38
Jim Sachs
Developer

The code for the F1-F4 keys has not changed. They still control the lights on all my computers. I plan to give the user much greater control over the background colors.

The starfish will eventually be able to go on the glass, but it won't be speeded up. It's already twice as fast as a real starfish.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #39
s.winterstein
Registered

The installer is working perfectly on my German Windows Vista (32 bit).

Go, Jim!
s.winterstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #40
jroseone
Registered

Working fine for me with Vista ultimate 32 bit, miss the rest of the fish though.
jroseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows