Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #61
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim and I had an interesting discussion about just what he will and won't eat. The "will eat" list is one of the shortest I've encountered. I listed off 25 things I like to cook and I think only 2 or 3 passed muster.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #62
Jim Sachs
Developer

Ha, ha - Right you are, Cliff!

Back to work...
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #63
cjmaddy
Registered

This is not easy to put into words, - but!...

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I ran into trouble with scrolling when more than one screen is present. It seems simple, but bad things happen when you get to the end of travel.  
Jim, as I see it, the "... no more room to auto-scroll", is bound to happen eventually, (when two or more screens equal or exceed the total width of MA3.) - But, are you still planning on, "... pressing the shift key which would freeze the position of one of the screens while scrolling the other." - as a means of adjusting the bezel gap?
I only ask because I wondered if you had checked out the method Alan has used in Dream Aquarium? - Where each screen has its image very slightly enlarged to 'lose' the width of one bezel. - If I'm understanding what is happening, correctly, - the full image is still there, it hasn't been shortened by scrolling, (we just can't see it!) - So I'm thinking that that could overcome your worry about running out of room to auto-scroll. - Assuming that is your, "... trouble with scrolling when more than one screen is present .... bad things happen when you get to the end of travel."
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #64
MadBob
Guitar Man

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I can't stand anything about bananas. The taste, smell, texture, color, shape, and sound of them all produce a gag reflex for me. I'd be happy to never have to think about them again. Lemons, too.
And all seafood.  
Mine is liquorice root, I ate about 20 sticks as a kid which made me very sick now the slightest smell of it makes me gag.
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #65
cjmaddy
Registered

Old 11-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #66
Jim Sachs
Developer

No, I haven't checked out Alan's scrolling. I'll try to get to that today.

Currently I'm using the 1,2,3, and 4 keys together with the Left-Right arrow keys to pause all screens except the number pressed. The problem is how to determine the end of travel at the far edges. Windows doesn't care which screen is number 1 or 2, and I haven't been able to figure out reliably which is the left and right, and how to change the numbers for the slowdown and reverse scroll.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #67
cjmaddy
Registered

There in lies the major difference IMO. - DA doesn't scroll. MA3 does! - I was only trying to refer to the method of adjusting the bezel gap.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #68
Jim Sachs
Developer

Ah, I see. Most of my bezel-gap adjustment problems are related to scrolling. Not all, though. Simply adding too much bezel gap can also move the view into no-man's-land at the edges of the screen.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #69
cjmaddy
Registered

Yes. - Adopting the DA method, might, I thought, have delayed the point at which you reach that, "no-man's-land".
Old 11-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #70
chippy
Registered

Just a question.??
Jim, you seem to be spending a lot of time on the "Dual Screen" issue, be it 2,3,4, screens wide. Do you have any information in your DB, about how many users have this set-up?
Personally, I think a lot of time has been spent,by you, on trying to program MA3 to the few users that have multiple screens. Even you yourself, have had to un-plug a monitor, and move it to another room, to test this,{which is what I would have to do, as I run 3 laptops, plus a Desktop )
Just my personal opinion, but I think more attention should be paid to the "One" screen, one computer, end user, and then go for the "Plus" 2 or 3 or 4 monitor user, with your updates..
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #71
Jim Sachs
Developer

That's what I originally thought, but the fans started putting on the pressure a couple of years ago, and apparently multi-monitor is the wave of the future.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-10-2008, 01:36 AM   #72
clifdene
Registered

Jim. Could we not stick to the present? I agree with Chippy and was thinking of suggesting something along the same lines.
clifdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:01 AM   #73
Jim Sachs
Developer

Too late to back out now. Multimon support is hopelessly integrated into MA3.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #74
moochogastrue
Registered

HELP

Ma3 build five didnt have any fish when i opened it, so i clicked the fish thingy. Then, my previous fish settings said that there were about 50000000000000 fish( not lying) and then i clicked it (my bad) and it crashed. Now the program thinks i want to open 5 million fish so it crashes immediately. What do i do?
moochogastrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #75
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Check the main thread for the beta releases located here and follow the instructions.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #76
rctneil
Registered

Try going into the settings panel first before starting the screensaver
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #77
cjmaddy
Registered

I would suggest downloading and running this registry cleaner....

(Link removed, - see below!)

Then download Beta5 again, and re-install it. - That will probably fix your problems.

Edit: - Sorry Michael, just seen your post!

Edit 2: Link removed
Old 11-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #78
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I'm not sure if Morgan has updated his cleaner yet, so be careful doing this. The registry cleaner can clean EVERY setting for all versions of MA. Do not do this unless you have your keycode handy etc etc.

At this point if you feel comfortable doing it, you would be better to follow the instructions I left in the main Beta update thread.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #79
cjmaddy
Registered

Good point, Michael, - I've removed that link!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #80
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by chippy:
Just a question.??
Jim, you seem to be spending a lot of time on the "Dual Screen" issue.

Personally, I think a lot of time has been spent,by you, on trying to program MA3 to the few users that have multiple screens.

I think more attention should be paid to the "One" screen  
Originally posted by clifdene:
I agree with Chippy and was thinking of suggesting something along the same lines.  
Sorry, not gonna happen. Marine Aquarium 3 has had working multi-monitor since Beta 1. It is mostly tweaks and adjustments now. A lot of time has been invested already. It is just the bezel gap feature which is causing some issues I think.

When every other screen saver has multimonitor support, how can MA3 skip it?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows