Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 04-20-2016, 02:32 AM   #121
SSTSylvain
Registered

It display black background, but bubble sound is played.

Android 5.0.2, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.

Since Android 5.x, Marine Aquarium display black background, but bubble sound is played. The same Marine Aquarium software, work with Android 4.x.
SSTSylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:07 PM   #122
Jim Sachs
Developer

All true. An Android programmer is working on the fix.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #123
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
All true. An Android programmer is working on the fix.  
Jim, I know you're not in charge of the Android Build, but are you able to contact whoever is in charge of it and ask when is it going to be fixed? I emailed them on 21st April 2014 and it's still not being looked at. It's been over 2 years and nothing.

Are you able to help?
Attached Images
File Type: png Fish.PNG (30.5 KB, 18 views)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:12 PM   #124
Jim Sachs
Developer

I just got my Galaxy 6 running again (had to replace the LCD, a task not for the faint-hearted). I'm looking at the Android version of the Aquarium right now. Every day, it's some little bug, so back to the programmer. At the moment, the only thing I can find wrong is the side fins of the fish aren't moving, but I'm telling the programmer to go ahead and post it anyway.
Jim Sachs
Old 08-01-2016, 07:26 AM   #125
fly911
Registered

I just got my Galaxy 6 running again (had to replace the LCD, a task not for the faint-hearted). I'm looking at the Android version of the Aquarium right now. Every day, it's some little bug, so back to the programmer. At the moment, the only thing I can find wrong is the side fins of the fish aren't moving, but I'm telling the programmer to go ahead and post it anyway.  
Looking forward to installing it on my tablet. Please let us know when it is available. Thanks!
fly911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:51 PM   #126
Jim Sachs
Developer

An Android tablet?
Jim Sachs
Old 08-03-2016, 04:50 AM   #127
fly911
Registered

An Android tablet?  
Well, an LG VK810 4G tablet using the Android operating system. Using Verizon Wireless.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #128
Jim Sachs
Developer

Well, except for the no-side-fin-movement, the new Android version seems completely ready. For the past several days I've been imploring them to put it on the Web, but they still want to search for more bugs. This is why I work alone.
Jim Sachs
Old 09-24-2016, 08:34 PM   #129
soccerguy
Registered

Well, except for the no-side-fin-movement, the new Android version seems completely ready. For the past several days I've been imploring them to put it on the Web, but they still want to search for more bugs. This is why I work alone.  
Hmm , it's been almost 2 months of Fin icking around . lol , having a little pun . Some developers put up betas for people to test . Giving the length of time its not worked on my Samsung going on 3 years, now on Nugut . Even if you put up the Beta here would be helpful , The Play Store also allows Betas but It would help public relations . The other thing , is Apple , Microsoft and Google are doing house keeping and removing apps that are not updated , this is what I've read . Hope the Aquarium hasn't dried up . Cheers !
soccerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:34 AM   #130
fly911
Registered

SereneScreen 3.2.1 for Android looks pretty good to me. There are 3 versions. Basic, Standard and Pro. This is a Droid Mini by Motorola through Verizon Wireless. Mike Muench

Last edited by fly911; 09-25-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:56 AM   #131
fly911
Registered

Credit where credit is due...

Old 09-25-2016, 01:28 PM   #132
soccerguy
Registered

Wink

If your here posting for damage control , it's mute . Serene posted on the play store , does not work on android past 4.4 . I allow Android updates just for security reasons , Now on Android 7 . Also it's nice to have a new phone every two years . The new Android flagship phones when BT paired with mouse , keyboard function like a laptop . It is a nice piece of eye candy , I didn't remove my pro version from my phone because it didn't work . I removed it from my phone because Acrodea.co.jp can't be trusted . I guess this is why Jim has taken back the control . If you put the app behind a firewall and log its IP connections and data , you'd see it connects to servers in Ireland( Google ) , China and Acrodea . I guess logging into Google is semi OK , My phones Data should not be going to the other 2 places . When I got my smart phone I bought a lot of software to customize it . I have cut my loses and removed every app from all companies based in China . I found them to be Data miners as well . Just did a search for Aquarium on the play store and was beginning to think Google had already removed it , because it was so near the bottom of the list . I posted to see if they would consider posting a beta , It's just good P.R. Cheers
Old 09-26-2016, 01:17 AM   #133
fly911
Registered

Damage control? Seriously?

"If your here posting for damage control..." Seriously? You're way over my head, dude. I just discovered that I could download MA3 to my phone and thought I would share that info. Cheers yourself.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:45 PM   #134
Jim Sachs
Developer

The Android version is totally releasable - now our guys are just trying to deal with the Google App store. It's difficult because the old Acrodea business model was 'way too complicated. Free version (with nagging), standard version, Pro version, extra fish, premium fish - it was a nightmare. The past few weeks have just been trying to figure out what the simplest and friendliest way would be in dealing with the users. We've decided to just have two versions, Free and Paid ($3). Anyone who has already paid for ANY version in the past gets the Paid version. But how do we know? Just one of many challenges.
Jim Sachs
Old 09-28-2016, 07:50 AM   #135
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Anyone who has already paid for ANY version in the past gets the Paid version. But how do we know? Just one of many challenges.  
Design an update that checks to see if it is updating a paid or unpaid version.. and update accordingly.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #136
Jim Sachs
Developer

It checks what, exactly? You are assuming that we have data from Acrodea.
Jim Sachs
Old 09-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #137
soccerguy
Registered

I see your problem . The Google account would belong to Acrodea , along with all records. You might have to create a new account and send a take down notice to Google to remove the Acrodea app and distance yourself from that company and the bad publicity . Account Related ( my Play Store account ) When you login to the play store , go to account and the purchase history . each person that went through the store will see a purchase of Marine Aquarium Pro . As for the individual fish , i think there is no record , I looked and I can't see any of the other types of purchases i made through Acodea . It might be that when I got the pro version , it superseded any of the lesser licenses from them . Glad to see its being sorted out . The good thing is , I see the Pro version was only downloaded 1000 times , aim for the millions , the holidays are coming up . Jim I wish you all the best , getting this out .
Old 09-29-2016, 06:22 AM   #138
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Beats me "what" and app checks. I just know that periodically my "apps" update themselves (as do some PC programs). So.. I am "guessing" there is code in the app that "phones home" to see if there is a more recent version available.. and if so initiates an update process.
So.. your "with adds" phones in.. finds no updates but instead gets a new set of "adds". Your "paid" version phones in.. and gets the new standard upgrade.
Easy on paper

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:41 PM   #139
Jim Sachs
Developer

As of last Wednesday, Roku is now using MA as their default screensaver on their high-end (4k) machines. They used the code from the latest Android version and translated it to Linux. It's not quite as good as the Windows version, but not bad. It's a freebee for their customers.
Jim Sachs
Old 12-01-2016, 08:25 AM   #140
drfish
the Doc

That's sweet! Hope that worked out well for you.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows