Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #101
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I don't have an Android device, but Reichart showed me MA3 on his Droid phone when we met in L.A. a couple of weeks ago. I was very impressed - Acrodea had done a beautiful and accurate port of my program. Since there are so many versions of the Android Operating System out there, I'm actually surprised at how well it works on most devices.  
Jim, which Droid phone did your friend show you?
If you're seeing it on HTC's Droid DNA, you're looking the most beautiful MA3 on Android phone ever since HTC Droid DNA has Full HF 5" display with 441dpi

If not, I reckon you should find someone who own it and check out the MA3 on it!
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #102
Jim Sachs
Developer

The screen definitely wasn't 5", but it still looked great.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #103
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Just a quick update concerning the Android version.

In the past few days I have received 2 updates, 1.01 and 1.02 which has now added all fish to the PRO version of the Live Wallpaper. So all 29 fish are now available plus one extra additional fish (30 in total can be displayed).

For me the contention of making people pay an additional $1 each for the 17 so called premium fish was never a great business idea. With so many negative comments on Google Play it was bound to pressure them in rethinking their pricing structure.

Suffice to say, all is well and nice to see they have done the right thing.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #104
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'm glad they made the announcement. It was driving me crazy, not being allowed to say anything.
Jim Sachs

Last edited by Jim Sachs; 04-11-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #105
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

That's great!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #106
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Thumbs Down UPDATE: 6th October 2013 - Version 1.05

Just updated to 1.05 and now all the fish don't work again.

Sent an email along with others by the looks of things, no response.

All the premium fish are not selectable, all have the same issue as before eg yellow box with X in them.

Also, the price has gone up to U$ 21.00!!! (GBP £13)

What the hell?

Ad
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #107
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Sorry to say, I just downloaded and installed MA3 to my brand new LG G4, but got nothing but a black screen. Played with the settings for awhile, tried everything I could think of, but could not get it to work.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #108
Jim Sachs
Developer

This is a known issue with the newest Android devices. Prolific has taken over the Android code from Acrodea, and has made the update a top priority. A programmer has been working on it non-stop for weeks. The new version is nearly ready.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #109
Tarkus
Shark Bytes

The Pro version is showing $20.21 to purchase. Ouch!
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:18 AM   #110
Jim Sachs
Developer

Please just ignore that version until we can get the new one online. Those prices are still from the old company. We have taken back possession of the Android code, and a programmer has been working on it for months. When it's done, the Android version will have all the latest changes, and be priced lower.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #111
Tarkus
Shark Bytes

Cool, thanks Jim. I had no idea there was even an Android version until I found this thread the other day. Looking forward to the new release.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #112
Time Crystal Pilot
Registered

Please, if this is possible, do keep the pinch to zoom / one finger swipe to move the tank (in two dimensions) features in MA3 for Android! While it is true that the latter reveals holes in the geometry, the net effect feels so awesome that it makes the whole thing worth while.
The caustics, on the other hand, could benefit from a complete makeover. They were the weakest part of MA3 for Android, both because they were just flat textures and because they were oversized, the shiny fringes making them look like Mylar overlay sheets.
Time Crystal Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:39 PM   #113
Jim Sachs
Developer

The camera angle is being changed so that the holes in the geometry should be eliminated zoom mode. Caustics are also being worked on.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #114
Bectile
Registered

Smile Looking forward to the new Android app

I'm glad you have resumed control of the Android app, it hasn't worked on my phone for a while, it's just a black screen. I know with you on the job it will be the best it can be!
Bectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #115
Ti10app
Registered

No interim fix to Marine Aquarium Android version?

The trial Marine Aquarium for Android v1.12 last updated on 01/15/15 doesn't work!!). It's just a blank screen and despite all the review complaints on Google Play, nothing has been done! This is very poor form. Surely some response can be made to at least reply and an interim fix be made given the instant update nature of Google Play until the app is completely fixed? Prolific Publishing are missing out on a huge market which doesn't do much for loyal followers of Jim Sach's stellar efforts.

My phone is the Samsung S5 on Android 5.0.1. Apparently it doesn't work on the Samsung S6 and other phones either which isn't a great help.

With Android being a big market, why not have a separate Android topic category on this Feldon Central forum (which by the way should be shifted to a new platform so it is mobile friendly for viewing).

Last edited by Ti10app; 01-10-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Ti10app is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #116
Jim Sachs
Developer

The Android version was developed and sold by a company called Acrodea. When we saw that the program just gave a blank screen on Galaxy 6 devices, Prolific took back possession of the code and hired a programmer to bring it up to Galaxy 6 standards. Those efforts are ongoing.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-28-2016, 11:23 AM   #117
soccerguy
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
The Android version was developed and sold by a company called Acrodea. When we saw that the program just gave a blank screen on Galaxy 6 devices, Prolific took back possession of the code and hired a programmer to bring it up to Galaxy 6 standards. Those efforts are ongoing.  
For Some of us on Samsung Notes , that came with Android 4.4 the app worked fine , but I got the upgrade to Android 5 in August 2014 , only a few months after buying the app . It has had a black screen ever since . It's now nearing April 2016 . Some very strange things in my case is I seem to have paid for the Trial ( In app purchase ) and The Pro Version as well . The Original Japanese company never answered any of my emails , I did send a lot . I did receive a email from Serene , saying the problem would be fixed soon , that was almost a year ago . In the beginning I could not understand why a screen decoration needed extensive permissions ? . I only realize now after installing another app , No Root firewall , that Marine Aquarium is still communicating with the Japanese company's servers and still sending them huge amounts of data . The app is also sending data to servers in China , It also sends and receives data from Ireland ( I assume this is Google) . I think that Its a really bad thing for an app to be sending a persons data anywhere , but to China that's the worst ! . Maybe you should take the app down , until you rewrite the app's code and turn it back into a screen decoration , instead of Data mining spyware that I be-leave that the Japanese version is . I have asked a google support person about the permissions and even they agreed the permissions are a bit much . So here we are now getting Android 6.1 and I have removed the app from my phone because nearing 2 years and a black screen and charged twice and who knows what data they took . Just my observations .
soccerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:27 AM   #118
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'll forward this info. The new Android version is nearly done - the programmer is just dealing with a bug that is causing fringing around some of the background objects. I'm assuming that once the new version replaces the old Acrodea version, there will be no more communication, but I'll check on that.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #119
Cyrust
Registered

9 Highscores

Jut purchashed android version

Just purchased the android pro version for 3 bucks. Installed it on my LG Nexus 5 with android version 6.0.1. I Get the solid black screen. Came to this forum/Thread and now realize I need to wait for a fix. Thanks for keeping your customers updated. I'll wait, just glad they finally lowered the price. Hate to see MA3 for android get so many bad reviews over this.
Cyrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:54 PM   #120
Jim Sachs
Developer

The fix is very close.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows