Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 09-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #21
rctneil
Registered

Just read this topic and I get the same background flashing black issue. I am using Windows 7 64bit.

If I launch the screensaver and got to windowed mode and back again then it starts flickering.
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:49 AM   #22
CID Boy
Registered

I have had the same problem, system uses a Nvidia GeForce card and dual monitors under Windows 7 32 bit.

I installed MA3 and it worked perfectly, I then upgraded my hard drive reinstalled Windows and all my "normal" software along with MA3 and this is when the problem began.

I have found the cure for it, as mentioned as a possibility in an earlier post, when I unchecked the "On resume, display logon screen" option the problem dissappears, so some sort of conflict there in my case.
CID Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #23
CANDYMAN
Registered

Just for the record I'm having the same issue, GTS260 cards on win7 64 bit with three monitors.
CANDYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #24
philosopher
Registered

I was just playing around with my NVidia card drivers and have finally found a setting that reproduces the screen saver flashing issue that I originally reported here. Within the NVidia control panel if I go to 3D settings - Adjust image settings with preview and select: Use my preference emphasizing quality then the screen flashes on and off for about a minute when the screen saver first starts.

The fix? If I set the radio button selection to: Let the 3D application decide then everything is fine!

If anyone else is experiencing a flashing aquarium on startup and you have an NVidia card this setting might be the culprit.
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #25
cjmaddy
Registered

Having had Windows 7 64bit installed for some time now, and also a Nvidia GeForce card, I decided to do some checking....

Eventually I was able to produce a flashing MA3 on the secondary (right-hand) monitor, with a black screen on the primary. - But ONLY when returning to Full-screen mode from Windowed mode. - So far, I haven't found ANY setting that will cure this. - But I'm not bothered, it's not something I consider too much of a problem. - If ever I do find a cure, I will report back here...
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #26
Pierrot727
Registered

Smile solution for flashing screen

Hello,

I have the same problem with flashing screen : it appear that it's a conflict betwen the resolution of the desk and the screensaver.

To solve this problem (work on friends in multiscreen with have the same problem too). Try different resolution, checked sync vertical sync and change to 16b or 32b.

You arrive at each time to a solution, when you find it, do not touch to the setting anymore.

I hope that i help the person who have this sort of problem.

B. regards from France

P.
Pierrot727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #27
sca
Registered

Dual Monitor Issue

I have the same problem... Did anyone ever figure out how to resolve this??

I have run this for years on dual monitors... just built a new win7 x64 machine with dual hdmi nvidia card.

Screen black on one screen and flickers on the other unless I uncheck the "lock on resume" button, which I need for safety/security reasons...
sca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #28
sca
Registered

Any Resolution to this??

I find every time the NVIDIA display driver updates I have this problem again.

I am running Win7 x64.

If the "lock", enter password window is engaged, by EITHER pressing Start & L-key to lock the operating system, or you choose the Lock on Restore button in the screen saver settings, the screens go haywire when the Serene Screen Aquarium screens saver starts up.

One screen is blank and the other flashes while the program runs in the background.

The only two resolutions i have found is to run one of the screens in a lower resolution or not Lock the computer.

This is clearly a bug - Is there an actual tech Support Department that would work on this and resolve it???

This has been an ongoing issue for ??? 5 years??
sca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:49 AM   #29
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

"Tech Support Department?" Ha! That is us, every member of this forum, including the developer, Jim Sachs, and all his minions. Unfortunately, the number of active participants has decreased significantly over the past few years, to the point that it is almost nonexistent. Sorry, I don't use dual monitors, so can't help you.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #30
JEstr
Customer Service

Tech Support

Hey guys, it's Josh over at Prolific tech support. We are looking at this issue. We always try to look at any issues that come our way, though we always encourage submissions through our website as we don't often visit here.

Regardless, we have some of our people looking into it. We may ask for a bit of help from some people here with Nvidia hardware once we get a better idea of what the problem might be.

Thanks to all you here who are helping each other (and us) out.
Customer Support
Prolific Publishing
JEstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #31
wdeagle1

Dual Monitor Flashing Issue

I've have the about problem on my machine. Windows 7 x64 with an Nvidia Quadro 4000 video card.

I've tried all the suggestions and nothing helps. I'll be glad to help test anything.

Thanks
Charles
wdeagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:12 PM   #32
wdeagle1

Dual Monitor - Flashing Screen

One of the things I noticed, hit the space bar while flashing and bring up the menu; click OK and mine is fine. Same if I preview in screensaver setup (Windows).

Charles
wdeagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:36 PM   #33
Jim Sachs
Developer

Charles - the only thing that comes to mind is a driver problem. I say this because after more than a decade of attempting to chase down every anomaly that has been reported, I'd be hard pressed to name one that did not turn out to be driver-related.

I suppose we'll eventually reach a point where video cards become so advanced that the kids writing the drivers lose touch with the DirectX roots of their grandfathers. As part of my deal with Microsoft to include my program in their Plus Pack, they were supposed to check MA on every video card and OS setup available with their vast resources. Wouldn't THAT have been nice? Of course, it never happened. So, I apologize for not having any suggestions regarding your problem, but I can only attest that the program works flawlessly on my one aging machine and nVidia card. (including stereo 3D).
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #34
bobble

Same problem but a new guy here

I have had this same problem since version 2.0 and have found that it has only occurred on my laptop systems with NVidia chips in them. It does right itself after about 15 minutes of course the screen shuts itself off just as the screen rights itself (powered or not irrelevant of screen settings). I haven't tried the mirror image the monitors as my laptop monitor is only 1920x1080 while my desktop monitor I connect it to is 1920x1200.

Not sure what causes it but every now and then it works just fine but most of the time, it just blinks at me.
bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #35
Stephen M Haley

I have the same issue also. Dual monitors on a Windows 64bit system. Nvidia Quadro K100M driver on a Thinkpad Laptop W520. Any new fixes?
Stephen M Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:28 AM   #36
alexalper

Thumbs Up Found a fix for this issue on my config...

Hi,
I tried many settings without success until i decided to change my Nvidia Color depth setting.
You can find it in Display, Change Resolution, i have refresh rate at 60Hz and the color depth has been changed from 32bit to 16bit.
In SereneScreen setting, i have checked the "Wait for vertical sync" and set the Display mode on "Automatic".
I have 3 screens, and it's working fine now on all 3 monitors !!!
I hope that helps.
alexalper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #37
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks for following up on this.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows