Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #21
raygan
Registered

have a heart Jim, its a lowly work PC...I'm not even supposed to that

just kidding Jim
raygan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:31 AM   #22
MadBob
Guitar Man

Was there ever any thought on creating a donut shaped 3D screen so that the tank could run one way endlessly repeating, instead of a flat 3D panning backwards and forwards?
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:34 AM   #23
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

No that can't be done. The items you see in the tank have no back to them, so a "roving" camera would totally ruin everything. Jim has worked on this for 6 years, I would hate to think we had to wait another 6 for him to do the other side.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:40 AM   #24
jleslie
Engineer

I think by doughnut he just meant if you went far enough to the left you got to the other end, there's no need to see the back of anything. But I'm sure it won't be happening, the current tank has been quite a long enough wait, and Jim's "To Do" list still looks nearly infinite...
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #25
MadBob
Guitar Man

Yes that's correct the way the universe is supposed to be, an infinite donut (mmmm Donuts!) so the tank looped back to the start and kept going.
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:24 AM   #26
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Although it in theory would mean just position the rightmost object on the left end, I suspect (I'm just guessing here) Jim wouldn't like the new compositioning of the tank that would result (and of course that it would be a less realistic aquarium simulation).
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:43 AM   #27
Jim Sachs
Developer

Too much work. Many objects would have to be completely redone. They are set up to be seen only from certain angles. Even now, if you stretch the window to be tall and skinny, I have to limit the camera position on the right and left sides so that holes don't show up between the objects.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows