Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 04-21-2002, 07:14 PM   #1
Diablo
Registered

Thumbs Up New Version?

When is a new version of this Aquarium going to be released?
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 07:19 PM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Basically, when its ready. Right now Jim is working on the fresh water version, when he gets that the way he wants it, the next thing for here will be the new 3D background. But, I would say we have a wait of several weeks at best.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 10:30 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

October. But I won't say which year.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 08:27 PM   #4
HellBound
Registered

:\ I'd rather have him work on the 3d backround first rather then some freshwater aquiriam I already have one of those in my room! IMHO
HellBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 12:21 PM   #5
skypx
Dual Xeon

Originally posted by HellBound
:\ I'd rather have him work on the 3d backround first rather then some freshwater aquiriam I already have one of those in my room! IMHO
My thoughts exactly!!!!
skypx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 01:26 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Every day without a freshwater Aquarium or other 2nd product that SereneScreen can release is a day that NEITHER Aquarium is available at Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Wal-Mart, and Micro Center. All of those stores require a company to have TWO products before they will carry them.

It is in the interest of BOTH screen savers to have a 2nd product, and the freshwater aquarium seems like a natural progression.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 02:25 PM   #7
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Why bother, Morgan? Some can't post without using "I" "Me" or "My". (IMO, of course...)
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:33 AM   #8
Innovan
Registered

>Need two products to carry either

What a stupid policy. I wonder why they'd do that. Does anybody know?

Of course, Jim could license through Gathering of Developers for what seems to be reasonably low fees, but if he believes he can hit October on his own, that's a sweet spot for hitting the Christmas Season.

And of course, they've all just now changed their packaging requirements to the new smaller box size. Hope he didn't get caught in that changeover.

Last edited by Innovan; 04-26-2002 at 11:35 AM.
Innovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 01:20 PM   #9
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Just a guess, but I would say that it's a way to not have to deal with anyone except established people who are planning to be in the software business for awhile.
Old 04-26-2002, 05:33 PM   #10
Enigma
Registered

16 Highscores

My store has been carrying Jim's screen saver ever since it first came out in the retail box. I can't keep it on the shelves. The stores that "refuse to deal with non-established companies" are really losing out.

We will be proud to carry any and ALL of Jim's products.
?

Last edited by Enigma; 04-26-2002 at 08:19 PM.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 10:41 PM   #11
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Enigma,

good for you. Glad to see that some people still run a business with common sense. It seems that it is becoming more rare to find these days.
Old 04-28-2002, 09:23 AM   #12
Jim Sachs
Developer

The only "chain" (20 stores) whcih had the foresight to carry the Aquarium without a distributer is Fry's Electronics. It's done very well for them, and they've re-ordered several times already.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive