Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-30-2002, 08:52 PM   #41
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Re: Temple Version Screensaver

Originally posted by Digital Lungfish

P.S.
I just noticed something, it's kind of funny actually, but if you look under the bridge you'll see a pond (at the bottom of an aquarium)! lol
LOL, yes of coz, water within water, Magical eh?
Well...if u think in another way, it's possible to be truth but just not releastic to put in the actual tank.
why?
Have you ever see a timing device filled with water and coloured liquid which dripping from higher level to lower level? or in simple : a liquid version of hourglass
so if this kind of coloured liquid put into the tank...it become a pond inside the tank....haha.....it might just poisoning the fish to death...
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 09:14 PM   #42
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Have you ever see a timing device filled with water and coloured liquid which dripping from higher level to lower level? or in simple : a liquid version of hourglass
Yes, I have actually seen those. Similar properties to those ocean wave simulators for your desk that sway from left to right, I'd imagine they use the same or very similar fluids.

so if this kind of coloured liquid put into the tank...it become a pond inside the tank....haha.....it might just poisoning the fish to death...
You are too funny James, just too funny.

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 03:29 AM   #43
James

Yes, I also have one of this type of paperweight with small penguin inside

haha....well.......maybe it isn't poison at all since it won't dissolve into water..but I really can't imaging what happen if u really pour this kind of fluid into tank at the bottom concave area.....what will those fish think?
They might think they can try to dive into that "water"..!!??!?...too bad that they never know that they r already in water..:P....just imaging...

btw,
Senivy was asking me what's Japanese Koi mentioned by u and I dunno too....whats' Japanese Koi ?

PS. An huge 6.8 level earthquake just happened in Taiwan an hour ago......some ppl dead,building collapes in Taipei,I better stick with the news
http://www.cnn.com also has the latest update.......sigh....poor them
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com

Last edited by James; 03-31-2002 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-31-2002, 04:02 AM   #44
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Well, ironic as it may seem, Koi are those large freshwater fish you would normally seen in a Japanese pond like the one under the bridge in the screensaver. They come to the surface to feed when people throw them food pellets. Many people keep them in their ponds (I used to own some myself) as an added visual attraction and hobby. They're actually related to the Carp, but they're far more colorful. Here's what they look like:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg koi.jpg (14.0 KB, 391 views)
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Old 03-31-2002, 05:06 AM   #45
James

arrr........now I got it......
we actually call it "Brocade Bream"
My old house in Taiwan also has this kind of fish in my garden pond..
I can't find Koi in my dictionary though.....

but we so call it "Brocade Bream" or "Flower Bream"
it's actually a mutated fish from Chinese Red Bream in river of Mainland China millions years ago...
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 03-31-2002, 05:25 AM   #46
James

by the way
Senivy also mentioned that there's a version contained not only fishes but also some special creatures such as SeaHorse, Sea Turtle and Sea Anemone
I wish he can release this soon...
Although I have the full version game........but I don't have the Game CD right now since I install it 3 years ago......
I'll try again to find my CD, if I can find it, I'll custom the tank for ppl here who r interested and export as a screensaver for u....
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 03-31-2002, 05:47 AM   #47
hpman77
Blue Angel

in spain we call those fishes Koi too. in fact, the translation would be "Koi carp" (carpa Koi)... although some people use to call them "that golden fish with color spots everywhere"
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 11:14 AM   #48
Bettabetta
Registered

James, Senivy mentioned a version of what Program? VR Fish? Or are you talking about Screensaver? I cannot get my fish in VR Fish to breed. Any advice? I do have them by pair,male and female.
I am soo sorry for that big earthquake in Taiwan, 6.8 is terrible. I live in CA, the land of earthquake. I hope there is not too much damage.
Bettabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 04:35 PM   #49
James

Bettabetta
I was talking about the screensaver made from VR Aquqrium when Senivy mentioned about SeaHorse, Sea Turtle and Sea Anemone.

I'm not sure whether that VR Aquqarium game is able to let u breed the fishes,although I have this game installed b4(which was 3 years ago!), I didn't play long enough becoz of the displaying problem......so I never know the fish can be breed or not,I gotta ask Senivy about this

Yeah....6.8 earthquake is very terrible, till now there were 5 ppl dead and 272 injured and increasing...Taipei is half power failure,many building collapes,ground floor become basement,road cracked open, two 65 storeys scaffold on constructing building also fell down from sky-high and crashed into ppl and cars.....
here is come pic of the disaster

James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 03-31-2002, 04:43 PM   #50
Bettabetta
Registered

Thank you, James. How terrible and what a devastation ( I feel so bad thinking of the people over there. I hope Senivy is alright?

Senivy told me that the fish could breed in VRfish. The fish look soo small that they do not look that good, yet my screen is 17" LCD.
Again, thanks.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:11 PM   #51
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Senivy also mentioned that there's a version contained not only fishes but also some special creatures such as SeaHorse, Sea Turtle and Sea Anemone
Yeah James, I remember him mentioning that one, it's definately got my attention. The screenshots of it are all VERY cool, the only thing is I wish it didn't have those silly little toys in it like the toy chest, heart shaped candy box, etc. Those belong in some fresh water aquarium, not in a reef tank. As for the earthquake, I agree, if Senivy is near there I hope he's ok!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vrfish07.jpg (28.1 KB, 314 views)
Steve

Last edited by Digital Lungfish; 04-01-2002 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:21 PM   #52
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Cool

Senivy,

If you're ok and were not affected by the earthquake, would you be willing to send us that real cool version of the screensaver which we've been discussing, minus the toys? Here's another cool screenshot from it:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vrfish08.jpg (26.5 KB, 301 views)
Steve
Old 04-01-2002, 05:01 PM   #53
James

Bettabetta
I suppose that Senivy already made some contact with you right?
I wish u can breed the fish baby successfully!!
BTW,I wonder where r u from?
Senivy said you've been to Taiwan so that u bought the VRA game that time,but he said u can't understand Chinese,so I wonder

Digital Lungfish
Thanks for ur asking for Senivy,
he's fine,he live in a city named Taoyuan, south of Taipei, Taoyuan only got level 4 quake, but the quake still woke up him when he was in afternoon nap.....
Senivy is on the way making VRASS with those creatures, and ur second screenshoot look cool, I'll suggest him to put thar Moorish Idol
btw,the white triangle thing in ur second screenshot is actually artificial Ray,I assume don't want it also included right?
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 04-01-2002, 05:10 PM   #54
Bettabetta
Registered

Thank you, James. Yes, Senivy contacted me by email and gave me some instructions. But I have not been able to breed any fish. I am in Silicon Valley, CA and took a trip to Hongkong and Taiwan over a year ago. I bought the VR Fish CD but did not do anything with it until now as I did not know what to do. I do not understand Chinese . I am so glad Senivy is alright but it must have been scary. I know about earthquakes since I am living in the land of earthquakes!.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:36 PM   #55
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

[rant]
Betta˛, What do you mean "Land of the earthquake"? You've mentioned it twice now and I can't see why it would be more "LotE" than Turkey, Japan or why not Afghanistan? – The Afghans had a ~6.0 in early january. California isn't even on the top ten list of quakes in modern time (20th century – ) so please try and look a bit further than your own backyard, will ya?.
[/rant]

Calle
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 08:54 PM   #56
Bettabetta
Registered

Sorry, Tiny Turtle. I will try to look farther next time
Old 04-02-2002, 12:52 AM   #57
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

the white triangle thing in ur second screenshot is actually artificial Ray,I assume don't want it also included right?
That's no artificial Ray, that's a space station!

lol, just kidding.

Actually, that's a clam. If you look carefully, you'll notice there's a large pearl sitting inside of it. I don't think any of us would want a clam to be removed from the screensaver. It's just those toys I'm talking about. Here's a couple more screenshots that I've edited, in each one I circled the 'toys' that don't really belong in a reef tank or ocean theme, you usually find them in fresh water aquariums only.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toys.jpg (78.2 KB, 259 views)
Steve
Old 04-03-2002, 03:51 PM   #58
nicksteel
Registered

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle
[rant]
Betta˛, What do you mean "Land of the earthquake"? You've mentioned it twice now and I can't see why it would be more "LotE" than Turkey, Japan or why not Afghanistan? – The Afghans had a ~6.0 in early january. California isn't even on the top ten list of quakes in modern time (20th century – ) so please try and look a bit further than your own backyard, will ya?.
[/rant]

Calle
Actually, I was standing (or rolling about) on Pier 1 in SF when the quake hit. It was pretty exciting at the time.
nicksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 04:15 PM   #59
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

???

the quake? Which quake are we talking about here? (I suppose this is intended for me as I'm being qouted).

Sorry if my previous remark sounded a bit harsh (Betta˛ and anyone else). I'll try a more somber tone in future posts.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 09:35 PM   #60
senivy
Registered

I don't like artificial accessories either. I prefer nature objects. However, personal taste is very subjective, right. Maybe someone will like toys inside.

My friend told me that she thinks to have digital fish as pet is kind of boring, funny and not interesting at all. She owns a real tank. She can't understand why there's people interested in keeping a tank on the screen.

Very subjective, and personal. right?
senivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive