Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
Xylem
Registered

Unhappy more problems with the upgrade site

Hi folks,

I wonder if someone could help with this problem:

I have been trying unsuccessfully for three days to upgrade from MA v2.0 to v2.6 on the serenescreen site. When I try to log in I am told I have the wrong screenname or password.

When I have them send me an email with my password, I find that not even that works- says incorrect password (the one they just sent me!!).

So I try filling in a 'new' customer form; I am told that that name or card or passcword is already taken. Duh...

I had the same problem upgrading Goldfish Aquarium; it took several days and a flurry of emails.

This is getting irritating; as excellent as these screensavers are, you won't sell many if you keep blocking people out.

BTW, I did email tech support but haven't heard from them. If anyone know a way around this I'd be grateful.

Thanks for being patient while I vented ......
Xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Prolific's keycode recovery website gives me fits.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:34 AM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

Send me a Private Message with all your info, and I'll forward it to Prolific.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
phil
Registered

Originally posted by feldon32:
Prolific's keycode recovery website gives me fits.  
Hi, i had same problem, regarding upgrade, in the end,i brought marine aquarium 2.6 full version, as i gave up trying to upgrade to 2.6 version.
also had same problem with goldfish version 1 to version 2, in the end brought full version goldfish 2.0 as well.
regards phil

Last edited by phil; 10-19-2008 at 05:43 PM.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
Xylem
Registered

Smile

Thanks for your help, Jim. A private Message has been sent.

It is an honor to correspond with the Master himself. I think you are the Michelangelo of Screensavers. But I bet you get that all the time

regards

-Xylem

edit: BTW, this problem with the website is not unique to 'my info.' There is some inherent problem with the website which their webmaster needs to address, it seems to me. Thanks....
Xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
phil
Registered

Question upgrade

no feed back
Originally posted by phil:
Hi, i had same problem, regarding upgrade, in the end,i brought marine aquarium 2.6 full version, as i gave up trying to upgrade to 2.6 version.
also had same problem with goldfish version 1 to version 2, in the end brought full version goldfish 2.0 as well.
regards phil  
Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

I've been too busy to take care of this yet. I'll get to it today.
Jim Sachs
Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
phil
Registered

Prolific's keycode recovery website

Thanks Jim

it not you i have a problem with,it is Prolific's key code site, i have been trying to sort out the problems, with Prolifics website, when i wanted to upgrade, it never gets fixed, or sorted. that is with both software. that i have got, when they frist came out. no matter what i do. same problems keeps happening, with disking international as well, it keeps going back and forth. i think your products are fantastic. i just find it hard, with me being deaf from birth, it is hard for me to sort this problem out. regards phil
Old 10-21-2008, 11:24 PM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

There are many reasons that a Marine Aquarium user might be unsuccessful in using the Prolific database. Maybe they purchased before Prolific took over sales, or are trying to use a Goldfish or Sharks Key to upgrade to some version of Marine Aquarium, or they purchased from a foreign company like DiskKing in England, or their email address changed since they registered, or they are trying to upgrade one of the special cheapo 1.0 CDs, or a thousand other things. Josh can usually get it sorted out, but of course he's currently pretty swamped.
Jim Sachs
Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Unless it has changed, I find the Prolific keycode recovery site to be very confusing. Once I figured out how to login (it's not the most obvious button, from a user interface standpoint), I have several products listed there which have had their product names deleted or are somewhat vague.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive