View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Aw nuts. I deleted my first reply because afterwards I noticed the thread was on sharks which I do not have. But now that I reread your post, in reference to MA2, I see I was not crazy afterall in posting a reply about MA2 in the sharks thread. So here's a rendition of my reply. I used to run MA2 at about 37 fps. I upgraded my ram memory from 512mg to 1.5 gb as well as my video card to an ATI 9600 pro. Here are couple of pics of my MA2 running at 60fps in full screen mode and if you run it on windowed mode, the fps goes up to 243. Also included is a pic of the settings for MA2 for both of these pics. I have a Pentium4, processing at 2.8ghz. sorry I cannot say if it was the extra memory or the video card or both that boosted the fps. But you know, it ran pretty smoothly at 37fps too, just that the fishes do look a tad better with the new video card. Edit -- now the forum won't let me upload the same pics, it says the pics are already uploaded and stored on this thread. Well, hopefully the text is helpful. edit - attachment works now even tho moot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60fps.JPG (238.3 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 643fps.JPG (124.1 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by Surferminn; 08-28-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote