View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #191
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Right now, the vast majority Aquarium fans want me to continue forward progress, and save the task of going back for stragglers for a lull in the action.  
Sorry to bother you - I guess I thought you weren't doing the Installer work, and that this would only bother markknight.

============================

OFF TOPIC -- please feel free to skip the rest.

Look, guys and gals - this is the Marine Aquarium 3 Beta Test forum.

Back on 10/10/2008, we were requested to:

Originally posted by feldon32:
Now is the time to download this Public Beta test version of the Aquarium, try it out, give your feedback, and help us track down and squash bugs!
How do I report a Bug?
Unless you see someone else with the exact same bug, please create a NEW thread here in the Marine Aquarium 3 Beta forum.  
On January 26th, we were asked: ".... produced an Installer for Marine Aquarium 3 Beta 8k which we would like everyone to take a look at and test out."

In my view, MA3 includes a lot of stuff - the very important Marine Aquarium simulation and associated artwork; the surrounding way the program works; the Settings panels, ans associated documentation; the Installation program; and other stuff (including the SereneScreen website which seems to have had quite a bit of discussion and bug-fixing).

If you only want comments about the tank, please let everybody know.

In my view, "test out" and "report bugs" includes reports of actual bugs, suspected bugs, suggestions, and opinions (for instance, the opinion and suggestions that I recently posted in this topic). And suggestions for improving the user experience (for all types of users), and other things which might potentially increase sales of MA3.

If you only want reports of bugs that are actual bugs, and no suspected bugs, suggestions or opinions, please say so.

And finally, in my view, "report" means to write it down and post it, so it can be handled at the appropriate time by the appropriate people. Or, so it can be discussed, shot down, and nobody else (should) bother reporting it in the future (as feldon32 implied). In my view, it doesn't help for someone to find something they think is worthy of comment, and then just sit on it until some time in the future (or forget it).

In particular, in my view, it doesn't help for a well-meant bug report, opinion, comment, or suggestion to be met by "why are you bothering with that."

However, that's just my view. If you would like us all to not post anything except opinions about the appearance of the aquarium, then letting us all know that, would be more polite than attacking.

Other opinions on those off-topic subjects are invited, but perhaps in some thread other than the Installer thread?
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote