View Single Post
Old 01-03-2001, 01:23 PM   #35

Re: New Version Another A+

Excellent program, I've emailed Jim a while earlier when I got the very first version of Sachz Aquarium, well to say the least, the first time I saw it I thought it was a DVD video playback of a real aquarium, not until later I saw the frame rate on the upper left corner that says D3D HAL heh.

There are a couple things I want to be added to the wishlist (though I know some are coming soon, woot!)

- hermit crabs and snails (you won't see a good reef tank without them, they're nice janitors!)
- moving corals (that's the 3D background I think Jim is working on, keep it up!)
- some species of gobies? my favorite species is the diamond sleeper goby..
- some species of demsels? sure they're a little aggresive but I don't think you'll find a reef tank without them as well =)
- some species of clown with their anemone partner?

I think it's quite important to study the behavior of the different species of the fish too. I've kept a Royal Gamma before, it's not too aggresive but it's pretty shy too. They tends to hide itself behind live rocks (which I think that's their home), and when they do leave their home, they don't really swim horizontally.. they are more like darting around almost vertically, and when they're in idle they are also positioned in a 45 degrees angle.

Other species like the tangs loves to nip on live rocks, they're gaze on algae and that's why they often nip on live rock in search of any algae they can gaze.

While Angelfish and butterfly species looks nice, they are actually coral eater, they nip on both type of hard and soft corals, that's why you usually won't find them in reef tanks. They are mostly kept in marine fish only tanks.

That's my 2 cents, keep up the great job Jim!