View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
jbits
Registered

Big Grin Just Bought Marine Aquarium

And I have to say that it was completely worth it. I've seen this screen saver around for years and have always wanted to get it. I just upgraded my PC to Windows 7 and it not only works like a charm, but it's the most beautiful screen saver I have ever seen. I had a Toshiba laptop years ago that came pre-loaded with an older version of the aquarium, but I have to say that MA3 is completely awesome.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked the crystal in the tank background, but once I noticed the settings that allowed you to change what was on it, or disable it completely, I was cool with it. Having this screen saver actually now makes me want to go out and get another monitor and video card so I can have it span dual screens!

I've read a bunch of threads here about various feature requests and other wish list items, but so far the only thing I'd like to see are fish shadows! The water surface seems to cast shadows but the fish themselves don't cast shadows on the floor, tank items, or each other. I think that would add some extra realism. I don't know if that's been mentioned before but if it has I apologize.

Anyway, I love MA3. Just wanted to say that.
jbits is offline   Reply With Quote