Thread: Android Version
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 AM   #3
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Chances are very slim. The iPhone version of MA2.6 was a very easy port for Jim O'Connor's team, since it was an almost direct copy of the Mac code. The whole point of Marine Aquarium is its big, hi-definition picture, so the iPhone's tiny screen never did it justice. Sales picked up greatly once the iPad came out, but it's still questionable whether it was worth the effort. Even after reaching #7 on the iPad Entertainment charts, my share of the sales only bought my dinner each night.

Development costs for an Android version would be very high, since we have no code which could be ported directly, and the user-base will always be only a tiny fraction of the iPhone/iPad base. Not worth the trouble for one or two sales a day.  
Originally posted by MadBob:
Hi Jim

Will there be an Android version of either 2.6 or 3.x? After buying the iPhone version I bought the Samsung Galaxy S instead as the only thing I preferred about the iPhone 4 was the design.

I would be more than happy to buy an Android compatible release, anyway the other half is asking for an iPhone so I may get to use it.  
Actually there is quite a good Aquarium Live Wallpaper for Android 2.1 and above phones from KittehFace Software

http://www.kittehface.com/p/live-wallpapers.html

There is a FREE version and a Donation version with extra fish and extra backgrounds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fish.jpg (82.3 KB, 39 views)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote