Thread: Bug: Unconfirmed Dual Monitor - Flashing Screen
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
cjmaddy
Registered

philosopher, - I'm sorry you are still having no luck with your dual-monitor Windows 7 setup. - I do think it may be worth your while checking the connections from your video card to the two monitors. - Whilst I was running the checks described here... https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...99&#post107999, I discovered that it can be really important to have the "Primary" monitor, (the one in Jim's MA3's stats display marked "#0"), to be connected to the correct socket on the video card's spine, (usually the one nearest the motherboard). The "Secondary" monitor, the right-hand one, marked "#1", can then be connected to the other socket.

Whatever others may say about it not mattering which is "Primary", is not true! - It can and does make a difference, - at least on my system. - I have no experience of Windows 7, and from what I remember reading somewhere the implementation of DirectX is different, - But if it is possible to reinstall DirectX into Windows 7, then I would strongly recommend it. - It so often solves graphic problems on some systems, when all else fails!... Good luck!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote