Thread: Bug: Unconfirmed Dual Monitor - Flashing Screen
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
philosopher
Registered

Dual Monitor - Flashing Screen

Jim,

I'm using the screensaver with a dual monitor setup on a Windows 7 Machine with an NVidia Quadro FX1700 graphics card and the latest Nvidia driver - 190.38

There seems to be some type of a strange timing issue going on. If I allow my system to idle until the normal screensaver timeout triggers (mine's set to 30 minutes), then the screensaver comes up just fine sometimes.

But more often than not the logo for the screensaver only appears on the second screen and then the second screen starts flashing between the logo and the screensaver itself. The first screen is just blank. During the flashing the screensaver's background is black and the fish don't move. The flashing continues until I right click the mouse and bring up the menu you built. If I click "Settings" in that menu and then click the settings window's "OK" button then the screensaver comes back up and runs perfectly on both screens. It also runs perfectly if I start the screensaver manually with the "Preview" button.

This behaviour occurs whether I set any combination of "Render same image on all monitors" and/or "Wait for vertical sync".

It does not occur if I set the screensaver to only appear on my first display. And as I write this I just realized that I haven't checked to see if the problem happens when I set the screensaver to only display on my secondary screen. Of course I'd really like it to start properly on it's own on both.
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote