View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #29
Rick Simon
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by Jav400:
Somehow it sounded better in my head. Of course I only use one monitor as well.  
No problem! After giving it some thought, it's a bit thornier an issue than I at first thought. You could possibly only have the starfish move onto/off of the glass while not within the visible area, but that might create some jarring visuals. Consider a scenario like this... user is running a dual monitor setup which still allows for panning but the panning just barely hides the lefthand area where the starfish lives before it returns. At the rate of movement the starfish normally moves at, for it to move completely onto the glass in the relatively few seconds that the area would be hidden, would not be life-like at all.

In order for this to qualify as a "simple" thing to do, I think Jim only has one of two options...

1) place a user option in the settings to allow for always showing the starfish either on the glass, or off of the glass. That way the end user could select where they want the starfish to appear. Not a very good solution, but probably the easiest since it avoids the entire transition problem.

2) work out a light cycling solution and transition the starfish in the same way as in v2.

Of course, both of these depend on the routines for displaying the starfish on the glass already being in place. If Jim has to do more work to add that in, then I doubt the starfish on glass CAN be added in as a "simple" addition.
Rick Simon is offline   Reply With Quote