Thread: Fixed Bug 3.0 Beta 7 MA3 Beta #1 goes Matrix
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

MA3 Beta #1 goes Matrix

Hm,
I fired up Beta #1 here at work on a dual screen XP rig and managed to find a bug right away: When I switch to windowed mode the fish freeze up! Bubbles are rising just fine and the scrolling works like it should, but the fish are stationary.

With the point of view changing with the scrolling you get a very cool Matrix effect in slow motion, but I doubt that's the way Jim intended.

As for being able to repeat this bug – yes I can. In fact I can't get it to work properly again. Switching to wireframe mode works though the fish still don't move. Switching back to full-screen makes the fish move again. This happen regardless of whether the window is on monitor 1 or 2 and if the window is active or not

Specs:
Pentium 4 3.2GHz (HP machine)
2 GB RAM
Geforce 6500 "Turbocache" (256 MB)

Running XP Pro SP2
in 1280x1024 + 1680x1050
(fullscreen on both runs in ~32 fps)

P.S.
Morg, you can add the GF6500 next to the 6600 on your list, right?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote