View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #47
JohnWho
Registered

Originally posted by feldon34:
I would guess that 80-90% of Marine Aquarium customers have no idea that product has a Settings panel.  
Maybe <1%.

I would say that anyone who uses MA3 as a screen saver in a version of Windows knows that they can change the settings and has. Maybe they've only changed the fish in the tank or turned the sound on or off for the bubbles, but they've changed something.

Many may not know they can get to the Settings screens by one of the other methods, but they are aware that they can do it through the "screen saver" panel in Windows.

Even so - if 80% of the current users were to check for updates, perhaps many of them would pay for the features in the 4.0 version. (I'm assuming 4.0 would be the next "pay for" version.) If, by "current users" we also mean 2.6 owners, then such a "check for updates" button as I've described might have gotten more of them to purchase the upgrade to 3.0.

At this point, there is no way to tell what effect it might have had in the past. Going forward, however ...

At least, that's my take. Not worth arguing over, but certainly worth discussing, although if Jim doesn't care to do it, then the discussion is closed.

As they used to say, "Don't make me no nevermind."
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote