View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 05:39 AM   #14
Overlord
Registered

The reason I mentioned superantispyware is this. Just last week I was surfing the internet and got a warning about a possible attack site. Usually when I see this I back out and everything is ok. This time it was too late. Something got in my pc and it started acting crazy. My explorer.exe kept trying to load over and over. I had to shut in down in task manager and run programs from there. Also, my browser kept changing to advertisement sites on its own. I ran avg and avira. Both showed only one detection and it was very low risk. My pc was still acting crazy. I then ran advance system care and it showed no spyware. When I ran superantispyware it detected 15 infections. It also showed 3 in memory. 1 worm and 2 trojans. After superantispyware cleaned up and I rebooted, my system worked like a charm with no more problems. Needless to say I was very disappointed with avg and avira because they are antivirus programs. Advanced system care is one of the best registry repair programs I have ever tried so I will definitely keep it. AVG and Avira are history. Since that incident superantispyware is my dedicated antivirus program. I'm am not saying that your problem is a virus. Just wanted to let you know that the worm and trojans I was infested with should have been caught by AVG and Avira and they were not.

P.S. If I think of any other possible solutions I will post it for you. Good luck!
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote