View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #1986
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I have no problem with MIDI music. It is space efficient. If people have a problem with MIDI volume, they can adjust it under their sound card settings (Or is this removed from Vista, another one of those things they decided to just leave out?).

Because Jim is unhappy with the native MIDI library that comes with Windows (who isn't?) I always figured he would include a compact screamtracker or other X3M or IT player inside of the Aquarium and compose his default music tracks (Pachabel's Canon) in S3M format. S3M is basically MIDI + the samples (with looping, fading, and other effects possible). I know this library is small because I have seen 50kb EXEs with 10 minute songs.

I do think that since MA3 now supports mp3, the bubbles could be saved as mp3. All mp3 player software out there can play loops songs seamlessly, so there must be some example code out there on how to do it even if DirectShow won't do it natively.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote