View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #1981
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by Mith:
Ya know.... Dream Aquarium has a beta for those of us who have the license... he's ALWAYS making adjustments. Why can't Marine Aquarium do this? It can't be THAT bad as it is right now... and as far as I'm concerned, it's fun to see the progress...

Besides, if you offered it to us on the forum, you would get the sales of the program up and going! I'd LOVE to spend my money on this thing now... just reading this freek'n forum about it's release is KILLING me...LOL.  
That's not really a fair comparison for several reasons:
1. Alan (DreamAquarium) isn't "always" making adjustments. He did a major rewrite and there were no new beta versions for a *very* long time. The new betas currently being offered are the fruit of this rewrite.

2. MA3 *will* become an open beta - this is what you think of as the "released" version, but will continue to improve with major additions.

3. The current version called "alpha" is probably more of a "closed beta" at this stage, but it isn't quite ready for everybody just yet. You will surely have no problems with it as you are interested enough to look for new versions and so, but there are oh so many out there who will download the first version, not realise this is work in progress and lose interest in MA3 altogether as it wasn't *perfect* – which is isn't *at this time*.

4. The original MA was in beta for quite some time just the way you want it to be now. This was all those versions like .99f, .99h and .99k before 1.0 was finally made available.

/Tiny β
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote