Thread: Android Version
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #6
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Chances are very slim. The iPhone version of MA2.6 was a very easy port for Jim O'Connor's team, since it was an almost direct copy of the Mac code. The whole point of Marine Aquarium is its big, hi-definition picture, so the iPhone's tiny screen never did it justice. Sales picked up greatly once the iPad came out, but it's still questionable whether it was worth the effort. Even after reaching #7 on the iPad Entertainment charts, my share of the sales only bought my dinner each night.

Development costs for an Android version would be very high, since we have no code which could be ported directly, and the user-base will always be only a tiny fraction of the iPhone/iPad base. Not worth the trouble for one or two sales a day.  
Jim, I hope you may change your mind in the future. I found this Live Wallpaper / screensaver purely based on Sachs and searched for Aquarium. The fish are no where near as nicely detailed, modelled and animated as yours and would beat it hands down

This Live Wallpaper got a review on Android Central and was pushed to the front page as a news item and then got a ton of hits and downloads.

With yours being prettier and far superior, I'm sure you'd get the same coverage.

But I understand your point of view.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote