View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #70
spetro
Semper Paratus

Originally posted by Dale:
I'm not sure I understand, but perhaps I will if you explain what you mean by "Canned advertisement" and what you mean by "REAL advertisement".

Thanks.  
Canned advertisement to me means "free aggressive" advertisement. For example, lets just say a new member of this forum posts a link in any or several of the boards here. That link then has software programs in it for sale. Just by coincidence there is an aquarium program that is the websites center piece. I would find that offensive to me and would border on spam. I would never buy from such a group.

Real advertisement would be just that....paid for banner or ad that would help inform members of a certain forum. By paying for an ad that company is supporting the forum that the members belong to. So in reality all three parties win! The forum, the advertiser, and the members.

As for twitter and the like, I see a lot of companies going in that direction. Guess because its free and effective. Don't really go to those sites very much, so I don't want to voice an opinion either way. Hope this clears up what I was intending to point out the first time.
spetro is offline   Reply With Quote