Thread: Discus
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 09:27 AM   #30
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Grumble Grumble

I smell an underground forum brewing. But I won't have my name or involvement attached to it. I was born at night, but not last night.

Not everybody wants to put those fugly Russian fish you know. Actually, I recognized one today at a sushi place. They have a freshwater tank. So it looks like the Russian bastardizations are exotic freshwater tanks.

Often, when people talk about making new fish, Jim says "go create your own screen saver." The problem is, nobody has come close to recreating the movement, the coral shadows, or any of the other things that make the Aquarium so great. It would take me 3 years to come close to what Jim has accomplished in 1. We love the Aquarium SO MUCH, that we wish we could see more of our favorite fish in it. We wish we could get more mileage out of it.

I don't see myself as a thief, vandal, or hacker, but maybe others see me differently.

Oh, and for anyone just tuning in, we've been going back and forth over this since I got involved in the Aquarium in December 2000. I hope I'm not being more adversarial than I was then.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 04-26-2002 at 10:01 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote