View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 01:20 AM   #911
Jim Sachs
Developer

Before I ask you guys to take it outside, I'll just say a few words.
Sure, the Mac is a fine machine with many innovative features, most of which they stole from the Amiga. And, like the Amiga, it's a niche market that will never take over the world. As an Amiga developer, I've been down that road, and won't be doing it again. I knew Jay Miner and all the Amiga team, and thought that the world could not possibly ignore this wave of the furure. I invested all my money in Commodore stock and created the interfaces and startup graphics and music for their CDTV and CD32 machines. Well, they were wiped out by the tidal wave of Microsoft, and I went down with the ship. So, I learned to swim in their ocean and never looked back. Yes, I have a Mac product on the market, but it only accounts for a tiny fraction of the Aquarium sales.

As long as Jim O'Connor is willing to put in Herculean efforts to do Mac conversions, I'll continue to have a Mac version on the market. Here's something you may not know: We had to create a special "Mac-look" box for the Apple stores. The normal product has both the Mac and PC versions on the CD, but the one for the Mac box had only the Mac version. Yet, it was the same price as regular version. Mac people do not even want those PC bytes on their disk. Now THAT's fanatacism.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote