Thread: Bug: Unconfirmed Bubble Sound / Playlist Issue
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
DaleArden
carbon based unit

Bubble Sound / Playlist Issue

There's a little thing I have noticed but wanted to test it to make sure it is reproduceable over time .

I set up the music so that it plays a track of my own choosing first ( this being an mp3 file from my documents - the type of music doesn't seem to matter ) . The first anomaly is this . Whether or not I have the music set to play on startup , under these conditions the bubble sound most of the time but not always takes a few seconds to start . And the second anomaly - when I start or stop the music , the bubble sound stutters for a second or two sounding much like a CD when it skips . It's fine while the music is running , but just before the music starts and just after it stops and between tracks I'm getting this effect . It also happens with WAV but I've only tried the two formats so far .

Edit - I've noticed that the effect is more pronounced at higher frame rates . It would be interesting to see if the people with more powerful processors are immune to this . I have AMD Sempron mobile 3300+ 2GHz .

Second edit - I've tried windowed mode and also raising run priority in task manager , but neither make a difference .
DaleArden is offline   Reply With Quote