Thread: Developer Notes
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #182
rps
Registered

Beta 7k issue (minor)

Checked out Beta 7k, and I really like it!

I think the options on the right-click menu are perfect - everything that's useful without any extraneous stuff cluttering it up and diminishing its usefulness!

Here's the issue that I discovered: because I use the Marine Aquarium application as a "screen saver", I have "exit on mouse move" enabled. I launched MA from a shortcut on my desktop (which I added to make testing easier). I have a dual monitor setup, and the shortcut happens to be on monitor 2. After launching the application, I right-clicked [without moving the mouse] to bring up the pop-up menu, and selected "Settings". The settings menu now appears in the middle of Monitor 1. (Remember, my mouse is still in the location of the original shortcut, on Monitor 2.) Moving the now-visible mouse cursor from the pop-up location to the Settings menu terminates the application. [oops!]

Yes, this is a really minor issue; under "normal usage" [as a screen saver] I wouldn't be inclined to use right-click to get to the settings menu; I could also work around it by right-clicking, switching to windowed mode, and then activating the windows setting, but I think that a better answer is that "exit on mouse move" should be ignored if either menu is visible/active.

~Ralph S.
rps is offline   Reply With Quote