View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
schilrj
Registered

Computer restart after ≈ 2 hours?

Hello folks. I have a couple questions for which I can't seem to find exact answers after a few searches through this forum:
  1. After a few days of narrowing down the problem, I've noticed that my computer completely restarts after MA3 has been running for around 2 hours. That is to say that the screen goes blank, a few seconds goes by, and Windows begins to restart. While MA3 is running, it is very smooth (right around 125 fps). The statistics line says 125.02 fps (1920x1080x32) #0 Beta10d. I have 1 of each fish, and screen panning turned on, but the bubbles, sound and clock/logo are turned off. I've tried leaving the computer on for a few hours without no screensaver applied, and the restart does not happen. I noticed that my graphics adapter was not on the "supported" list, but I'm hoping the list is a touch out-of-date, as it appears to have been posted in October of '08. Have you heard of this problem?
  2. Also, my version of Marine Aquarium is 3.0 (reference below). It appears 3.1 is available, but when I try to upgrade, the Serenescreen site informs me that I have the latest version: "Our Records show that you already purchased a copy of Marine Aquarium 3.1." Is this correct?
Here is my setup (CAD computer, not connected to Internet):

Marine Aquarium 3 Version: T928.3.0.1953, purchased August 2, 2010
Windows Edition: Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1
System Type: 64-bit OS
Processors: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5520 @ 2.27 GHz 2.26 GHz (2 processors, each quad-core)
Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB
Graphics Adapter Type: NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800
Monitor & Resolution: Asus 24" LCD @ 1920 X 1080

I really like MA3, and would like to continue using it. I receive a lot of positive comments about it, and show/promote it to anyone who will listen. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ryan
schilrj is offline   Reply With Quote