View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #104
Terry Kennedy
Registered

Originally posted by Terry Kennedy:
True. But you did say "The bubble sound is a simple looping wave (.wav) file.". That's why I said that the bubbles were the primary issue.

Of course, it would be better if the underlying problem was addressed, but it doesn't sound like that's likely to happen.  
Ok, I've made what will probably be my last effort to troubleshoot this and provide input to Jim.

I extracted the fishss22.wav file that is embedded in MA3. If I use that as a sound in the MA3 music player, I get the "official" bubble sound just fine (yes, even on the system that still isn't working), but with a pause every 8 seconds as the MA3 music player recycles. (If I play it with Windows Media Player and "Repeat" checked, it loops without pauses, so I assume this is a result of the way the MA3 music player works.

So, here we have the exact official file it is trying to use for bubbles, but the code that tries to play it as bubbles can't, while the music player in the same program can.

By the way, for anyone who wants to try it, it is here. And it is 654KB by the way, not exactly a lightweight (this makes it about 10% of the total size of the MA3 executable).
Terry Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote