View Single Post
Old 01-20-2001, 10:44 PM   #81
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Re: The Sachs Aquarium WISHLIST

Here's a wild one for the wish list. Not likely to be one that is taken seriously, but I just thought I would drop it into the list for the fun of it.

Anyway, it's a shame that Jim doesn't have plans to make another aquarium, it would be pretty cool to see an aquarium based on a prehistoric underwater eco-system like that of the Devonian period or "Age of Fishes". I know that he obviously wouldn't have the needed references for this type of aquarium (fish movements, textures, etc.), but with his talents who knows what's possible?

I've always had an active interest in pretty much anything prehistoric, especially fish. In fact, I used to own a 3 ft. long African Lungfish (considered to be a true "Living Fossil") for many years until I got married and had to give him up.

Here's an idea though, there actually is a fish that I could add to Morgan's Wishlist that happens to be a "Living Fossil" and a salt water fish, it's called the Coelacanth. It was thought to have died off around 65 million years ago, that is until a live specimen was caught on December 23rd, 1938 near the mouth of the Chalumna River. Since then several other live specimens have been caught in deep water locations near and around Africa. If you've ever seen a picture of a live Coelacanth, it's truly an amazing fish, 100% completely unchanged since prehistoric times (65 million year old fossils were compared to living specimens, identical in every way). Really wild stuff to say the least...

- DL

P.S.
What do you say Morgan, should we ad it to the list?
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote