View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 08:49 PM   #9
Robarmo
Registered

Fair point. I suppose the sides would come into view if they were in perspective, but I just meant the fish turning back on themselves when they reach the sides of the screen. Its when they do that the 3Dness of the fish really comes into its own!

I thought some more about the fish cycling. Instead of swimming off the sides of the screen, maybe they could just go behind the coral, and another one swim out.

PS. Has anyone else experienced the following?

When activating the screensaver, one of the fish starts at the bottom of the screen (in front of the gravel) and rapidly moves upwards into the tank and starts swimming as normal. One time a fish did this from the top and rapidly moved downwards before swimming as normal - like someone had just dropped it into the water!

I thought I had imagined it the first time, it happens so fast. I can't repeat it, as far as I can tell it only happens when using the "Test" button in the prefs pane.

Its only happened a few times. I haven't seen it in a while as, now that I've got the screensaver set up the way I like it, I haven't been changing any settings. Not complaining, I found it quite amusing - especially from the top!

Rob.
Robarmo is offline   Reply With Quote