View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #41
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by bozpool:
I have been lurking here a long times, and keep seeing Dale start a thread and then ignited unnecessary debates.  
Take a look at the progress of this thread that I started. It was concluded by Jim with Post #6. It was ignited by feldon34 with Post #7. We're now over #40.

I accept the opinions that I have been very vocal in this forum. Please stop reading here, if you are not willing to consider my viewpoint. But I'm quite willing to discuss this publicly.

I have been a Moderator (now "chair") of a successful "forum" for about 20 years. At the end of May, that forum had 67 Conferences, 30703 Topics, 349433 Notes. So, it's not like I am inexperienced with forums.

That's why I asked for dom5885's opinion about the significant differences between the Dream Aquarium forum and this one. Perhaps my question was off-topic.

Feldon34 will tell you that I have never questioned his authority (in public or by PM), and have never failed to follow direction or guidance sent by the Moderators via PM. I seldom respond publicly to public comments, but I do read them.

Feldon34 said it very well in his recent statement (post #37) "I will not take action based on your posts in this thread". But I do "hear" you.

Regarding "fanaticism towards finding bugs and/or adding/changing features" (harris): I compare that to "goal of producing a product that meets the needs of customers (feldon34). If the Moderators wish to define a degree to which we should find bugs or make feature suggestions, then OK.

In my opinion, bug fixes are quick. Somebody finds a bug, Jim says whether it needs fixing or not, it gets fixed. Of course, others can weigh in on whether they think it's a bug or not.

Feature suggestions: Somebody makes a suggestion, perhaps there is discussion, Jim makes a Yes/No decision. Perhaps the feature is deferred to a later version. Or put in the "Maybe" category, which continues the discussion.

Originally posted by feldon34:
Jim pays the bills.  
OK, then Jim ultimately decides how this forum runs (or dies).

Originally posted by harris:
Feldon, you should have no regrets about how you have administered this website  
Of course not. Forum administration is a very tough job, and nobody who hasn't "been there" can really appreciate that. Forum "citizens" usually have no idea what goes on behind the scenes (via PM, etc.). And forums thrive or die for lots of reasons.

Rules: Forums have rules. https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=1824. Administrators have absolute authority to enforce the rules, to not enforce the rules, to selectively enforce the rules, to change the rules, and to publicize the rules.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote