View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #36
Philidor
Registered

Just set up 11e

Running Windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

Because the file was an scr which ran when I double-clicked it, I set up a folder labeled Marine Aquarium 3 Beta 11e and created a shortcut to it. I assume that's the expected approach(?). It worked, anyway.

I did get the message about unrecognized software, and, as someone has already observed, removing the check-mark from the box and clicking Yes solved that problem.

I also uninstalled the version from last year to see what would happen. Approximately nothing, except that my 16 random fish became selected fish again and the clock switched to the SereneScreen logo, though maybe that had more to do with moving the file(?).

I also checked Registration, and it said Thank you for registering this product. Does that mean it found the number(?), or do the betas not check for registration at all? If it does become unregistered, will the Register button provide a way to enter the license code?

Finally, I found out about this change by checking in on the forum. I don't know how many new versions I may have missed. Is there a notification of a new beta(?), or should I check in on the forum more often?
Philidor is offline   Reply With Quote