Thread: 10b
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 02:47 AM   #7
The Old Man
Registered

I love the new fan worm, fantastic to see something new in the tank again! I love watching it, seems very real to me!

A quick note about installation.
I was using the non-expiring Installer build of Beta 10a as advised so I wondered what to do now a new beta file is available. I don't know if this is correct as there was no instructions but it works great for me...

I downloaded 10b and copy pasted it into Windows > Systems32 on Vista 64bit Home Premium. The installer version of the screensaver is called MarineAquarium3.scr but the standalone beta I downloaded was MA3Beta.scr, so I renamed the older file MarineAquarium3_old.scr just in case and then renamed MA3Beta.scr to MarineAquarium3.scr. I then ran the usual desktop icon installed from using the non-expiring Installer build of Beta 10a and the new v10b displays perfectly with my settings intact and the new worm okay.

Was this the correct way to proceed or should I have uninstalled the non-expiring Installer build of Beta 10a?

Thanks again.
Bought MA3 Beta on previously for Vista and now running it on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with an Nvidia GTX650Ti powering a 22" monitor and it's stunning!
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote