View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #28
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jav400:
I doubt that most of you realize what you are asking for. If Jim did all that before release it wouldn't get released until 2010. He needs to pay his bills and eat too.

I think the main question is - is it stable enough, and working well on most everyone's system's?  
It's stable enough and working well. And I think I already said to get this out before "Windows 7" ships, so deferring major features (fish, background movement, etc.) seems perhaps reasonable. The same for deferring fixes of multiple-monitor annoyances.

However, in my opinion:

The "bugs" (omissions and comissions) in the "About" screen, which is one of the FIRST things that a new user will encounter, will seem amateurish, if they aren't fixed.

The lack of the clock/calendar will seem amateurish, and will disappoint all former users of 2.6 - after they see the "upgrade" has less functionality (if that's not added).

The "pros" will be disappointed that there's no good way to customize the logo, if that remains the case.

And "automatic update checking" is a feature of all good software, today - particularly if you Already Plan Update Features (tm).

Finally, consider how the magazine and online reviewers will react - partticularly after they read this forum. Do you want: "SereneScreen ships MA3 with known major problems?"

Yeah, Jim has certainly done wonderfully, and of course he deserves to eat. So, apparently, SereneScreen has a problem - apparently invested a lot of time and money, new upgrade nicely almost-completed. What to do?

Make a smart business decision, folks.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote