View Single Post
Old 06-06-2001, 01:48 PM   #5
Socrates
Sage

Re: Basic version to die?

Jim,

I was thinking about this.

Could you just take away the Upgrade button from the web page and move it inside the program? You could have a button that only appears with a basic key code in the options menu. You could mention this on your site, but it would be impossible for any one to accidentally buy an upgrade code.

The button could take the basic user to a special purchase page that normal browsers would not be likely to find.

This keeps a cheaper option available. I don't know if it's worth it in time & money, but I suspect that once the Screen Saver goes version 1.0 that a lot of the "simpleton" type users would be more willing to buy it. "Simpleton" type users aren't likely to install anything that indicates "Preview" or "beta" and they aren't likely to be upgrading hardware every 3 months so they would mostly not benefit from all the fish and creatures.

This is just my 2cents and I'm sorry if I'm sticking my nose in your business. We all act like we are share holders demanding you to bend to our will all the time. It's a great piece of work, and I have never owned any program that I checked on a daily basis for upgrades, news, and fan comments before.

Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote