View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #32
doggone1
Registered

Hi All,

This problem was occuring on my system for a very long time and I suspect it has nothing to do with the coding of the screen-saver but one of the many patches Microsoft puts out, on a regular basis, for it's operating system XP. The problem began after XPSP2 came out and caused all complex screen savers to behave this way.

Currently all screen-savers are behaving themselves including Marine Aquarium, Sharks V2 and Goldfish. Sharks V2 is very cool BTW. I just love seeing those schools of Hammerheads swimming past!

Another suspect programme that I think may have been responsible is ZoneAlarm from ZoneLabs. Since their latest version (6) all problems seem to have disappeared. These are just observations and I wouldn't know how to test them being a humble graphic designer and not a techno-nerd (I mean that in the nicest possible way!)

I know it must be frustrating when so many people are plagued by similar computer problems and the developers can't pinpoint the cause. Too many different permutations and combinations I guess.

Anyway, keep up the good work on the screen savers and good luck to you Jim in trying to recover lost time and productivity after your recent compter loss.

Regards,
Tom
doggone1 is offline   Reply With Quote