View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 03:13 PM   #41
riz
Registered

Well, good news... I now have pinpointed the problem due to different resolution and color settings between the desktop and aqarium... I had noticed on my slower box w/g4 mx420 that my settings were set at 16bit aquarium, 32bit desktop, 1600x1200 aquarium, 1152x864 desktop... the aqarium would flicker for many seconds but ran at 58 locked at 50 percent cpu usage... well, I tried setting my desktop to 16bit and at 1600x1200 to match the aquarium and bam! fish picker 4.0.4. works perfectly

Now onto my fast machine... my aquarium settings were at 1920x1440, 32bit... desktop = 1600x1200, 32bit... then I noticed the frame rate limiter wasn't on... turned it on, bam... works perfectly...

So it's some combination of these timing issues as you mentioned before... clearly it's not just the resolution and color bits because on box two, my settings are not identical but works with fps limiter on (but not off)... box 1, the slower machine... always had the framerate limiter on but different res and color settings and it didn't work... so, whatever, don't know for sure....

Lastly, I have a very, very small feature request... is there any way you can add a "launch aqarium when fishpicker is started" option... my full time aquarium is set to launch fishpicker in startup... then I use macro express 3 to launch the aquarium via a macro... I would love to be able to just have fishpicker launch the aquarium upon startup... thanks for your consideration..

riz

Edit (added...) or at the smallest level a shortcut key combo to launch aqarium... right now, my macro actually uses mouse movements to right-click it in the tray, scroll up the list and launch the aquarium... if there was a shortcut combo, macro express could then just activate the key combo to launch the aquarium...
riz is offline   Reply With Quote