View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #19
simico
Registered

Originally posted by patscarr:
Great graphic simico! That's a keeper. Do you have a higher quality version?  
I have re-done a higher res version, but I think it gets re-sized when it is uploaded. (?) But anyway...

...here you go!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...pdatedcopy.jpg

There are certainly some possible alternatives as discussed above, but for ease, I have put (what are IMO) the most likely choices on this version.

I read that Jim will be animating some of these. This will really add realism to the corals, as their soft tissues currently appear "frozen".

In the case of the Quadricolour, (AKA Rose bubble tip/ Bulb Anemone), it is true that anemones wander/walk around tanks too, but once established, and once they have found a good location, plant their foot deep into a rock crevice, and then generally stay put in the same place. So just an animation of the tentles is enough!

An easier animation, (as the clownfish won't need to interact with it), would be the Hammer coral. At the moment the polyps are retracted, but once the polyps are out they can sway about much the same way as an anemone and again this would dramatically improve the realism.

The Clams, Zoas, Bubble coral, and the motile corals are also good candidates, but only if resources allow...(!)

I have to say the best thing about this tank is the way you can have so many corals in one place, without worring about normal compatibility issues and placement, or the HUGE cost if this existed! Frankly, if I hadn't named them all, I wouldn't have appricieated just how many corals Jim had put in there... An amazing piece of work!
simico is offline   Reply With Quote