View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 06:12 PM   #22
Robarmo
Registered

RE: New features

The low to high slider with a separate Auto checkbox for both foreground and background is a good solution.

As for the time of the day problem, I was thinking about this a while ago, and came up with this:

During "daytime" all lights are on full.
At "dusk" the front lights fade to black (fish in silhouette). Then, as the background lights begin to fade, the front lights fade back on until we have a dark background and fully lit foreground (night)

At "Dawn" the process reverses.

Basically the background lights cycle once everyday, and the foreground lights cycle twice a day (like the tides!).

But then I thought about how, despite the computer knowing what time it is, it doesn't know when the sunrise and sunsets are for its current location. And I doubt people could be bothered adjusting them manually say, each week or month.

Thats why I didn't give it any more thought at the time.

P.S. I think the fish on a totally black background could look good, especially if the fish were larger, or "closer" to the screen.

Anyone ever seen that scene in the film Mars Attacks!, where the walls are painted black and there is a massive spot lit tank in the middle of the room full of colourful fish?
It looks fantastic!

Rob.
Robarmo is offline   Reply With Quote