View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
fly911
Registered

Thanks John. That's some interesting information. I'm thinking that my next laptop will be 3D.

Autostereoscopic 3D uses a more complex process to ensure each eye sees a different perspective of the image. Sony's uses a webcam to track the position of each eye and the display adjusts the image that each eye sees.
I wear bifocal glasses when I fly helicopters and was a bit apprehensive when the eye doctor suggested contact lenses with one eye's lens set to distant and the other lens set to reading. I thought that this arrangement would be confusing. I tried this with another pilot flying with me. Oddly enough, it worked quite well with the brain taking whatever information it needed from either eye without the viewer being conscious of what was going on. In checking further, I discovered that the FAA doesn't allow this bifocal arrangement.

Another interesting illusion is the following:
If you follow the pink dots around the circle, they remain pink, however if you stare at the + in the center, the moving dot appears green, when in fact there is no green dot at all.
I guess that there is more to the mind than meets the eye.

fly911 is offline   Reply With Quote