Thread: Developer Notes
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #26
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by feldon32:
I agree that the Beta Expired message could be improved, but it is certainly not impossible to determine which version of the Beta you have. Set your clock back to before the Aquarium expired, run the Aqurium, and right at the top on the 1st line in yellow letters it says Beta 2. Also there was a discussion in another thread about the fact that the filename for Beta 1 is MarineAquarium3.scr and the filename for Beta 2 is MA3Beta.scr.

The exact build number in Marine Aquarium 2.6 can be determined by opening the About box and clicking on the version number. I just ran my version of 2.6 and when I clicked the version number, elsewhere in the box (to the right of Prolific Publishing, Inc.), the build number PB30.2.6.37 appears.  
1. Yes, I know how to tell the exact build number in MA 2.6 It's interesting that mine reads Q224.2.6.475, which is sure not the same as yours. Which is current?
2. Yes, I know that the filename for Beta 1 was different. That doesn't help (much), now that Beta 3 is out.

3. I presume that you know some of the dangers of setting the computer's clock "back". It's totally unsound practice, deprecated by Microsoft, etc. In addition, consider that (for instance) my computer is running software to automatically bid (snipe) on eBay items. Set the clock back?

The point was - don't make it more difficult than necessary, for your Beta testers to give you complete, accurate information.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote