View Single Post
Old 07-01-2001, 11:48 AM   #316
Coelacanth
Thought to be Extinct

Re: Nautilus

Hmm, that's interesting about Sea World. I had always thought that their marine displays were at least moderately enjoyable (though nowhere near the Long Beach Aquarium or Shedd's) -- but then again, that's not really the focus of Sea World. Most people head straight for the shows. (Tourist tip: As soon as you enter the gates at Sea World San Diego, head in a clockwise direction. Almost everyone else will be going counterclockwise. Head straight for the tidepools, the marine aquarium, and the freshwater aquarium. Forget about the early morning shows. Then, after the bulk of the crowd has gone to the majority of the shows and start to head to the aquarium displays as an "afterthought," go see the afternoon shows. If you play it right, you'll have even more time after those shows to go back through the shark, moray eel and aquarium displays for a second time.)

Hey, what was the name of that LFS that has 10 times more variety than the Sea World displays? That fish store has a new customer!

Seriously, though, maybe Sea World has deteriorated since the last time I was there. Anyone remember Marineland of the Pacific? As a kid, I remember them having a heck of a lot more aquarium displays than Sea World ever had. The focus was more on that than shows, though they had shows also.

Also, anyone been to Scripps in La Jolla? Somehow I've never gotten over to that one, even though I've stayed in hotels close to it. Any good? Or is that the one that is named "Birch" now?
Coelacanth is offline   Reply With Quote