View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #55
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
I too can be brutally honest. - I have a quote for you and Dale....

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  
Cool.

First: I certainly comprehend that several forum participants have expressed opinions disapproving of my behavior. I respect your right to express those opinions (and spent 20 years defending that right).

Now, I have a question for the denizens of this forum. And I really am asking for an answer (not trolling), because although I've been a member here for 5 years, I have never seen it discussed. And I believe it pertains to where this topic has unfortunately gone.

Background: This question comes because of my experiences in many other forums, that have differing rules, standards, mores, and behavioral norms. Understanding of those things, by all forum participants, is very helpful for the forum experience.

None of the things below should be considered as criticism of any person, or criticism of the rules, norms, etc.

Preface: Clearly, Administrators and Moderators send PMs that must be taken seriously, and make critical decisions (like locking threads) that are public. Also, from time to time, Administrators and Moderators participate in public discussions of the rules. Also, because of the nature of this forum, when Jim Sachs speaks in public, it's the law.

Further: Administrators and Moderators often participate in all forum discussions.

Question: (Other than in a discussion of rules) In a public forum discussion, when an Administrator or Moderator expresses an opinion, should that opinion be given any more weight than the opinion of any other participant?

Reminder: This is not intended to be a troll. I am asking for thoughtful answers (and PM will be OK, if that's your choice).
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote