View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #27
cjmaddy
Registered

Michael, - I agree with your sentiments, (Jim has to eat, etc!), but he has asked for our opinions.

Jim is known as a perfectionist, so why break the habit of a life time?

After the initial 'wow' factor has subsided, and the panning is paused or stopped, where is all the magic 3D effect? - Nothing is moving. - The starfish doesn't come on the glass. - The lighting isn't as adjustable as 2.6. - There is no clock or calendar. - The logo isn't working yet. - The fish are not as good as 2.6, and their movement is unconvincing. - And one of the major features of MA3 is its extra width, (enough to span three monitors), yet the bezel size adjustment has had to be put on hold, - Passthroughs, (ie... what all 'other' programs suffer from, but never MA!), we have been asked to stop reporting! - The jumping window is something I have never witnessed on my system, but it seems to be a major problem for those that are affected. - But if we are to accept that the increased width of MA3 is at least partly to accommodate multi-screens, then if possible, I think the FPS of the window should not drop so low when it's not solely on the primary monitor.

I agree that it probably can't all be done, or it may never get released, - so there has to be some compromise. - Where that line is drawn is obviously up to Jim. - But in my opinion, it would be wrong on a number of levels, to send it to market, "as is".

I don't think it is a matter of it taking another month, three months, or a year. - It's what effect marketing an unfinished product may have.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote