View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 10:07 PM   #2
Misha
Registered

Mine shows build 3950...

Also, the Aquarium view with plants has been limited to 3 fish - a step backward in my mind. Those of us with the hardware to do so should be able to use more fish. People with lower-end hardware can choose to run fewer fish.

You can no longer adjust the plant number.

The program no longer retains my settings for background and lighting, but rather reverts to defaults. Curiously, it retains my settings for bubbles, resolution, sound, etc...

The fish motion is better.

The new fish are very well done. I would throw in my vote for a red-cap oranda, a lionhead (maybe yellow with red cap), and a black moor at some point. Maybe a bubble-eye, too. People who actually like goldfiish (and not just screen savers of goldfish) are often partial to these "mutant fish" with lumpy heads. You might expand the market of the product if they were included. I'm sure that they would be well within the capacities of the engine and programmers.

I hope a new beta comes out soon which fixes the aforementioned bugs, and increases the fish limit to 7 or 8 in the tank view with plants.

-Mike
Misha is offline   Reply With Quote